cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kids pack has not been activated

s1m0nh
Dabbler

Kids pack has not been activated

Hi. Signed up yesterday for the TV package with kids addon. When I got home from work, I tested that everything was set up using a second-hand TalkTalk box. The fifteen entertainment channels worked ok once I had faffed with my router to enable multicast. However, the kids pack is not set up. A message says "press OK to setup".
Do I need to wait longer or can one of the plusnet staff on here have a look please?
Cheers.
10 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Re: Kids pack has not been activated

It looks this has been sorted this afternoon. Could you check and let us know please?
 Tony
 Plusnet Support
s1m0nh
Dabbler

Brilliant. Thanks Tony!
s1m0nh
Dabbler

One other question: The HD channels (iptv) are showing in the EPG. I was under the impression that as I don't subscribe to them, they would be hidden. Is this correct?
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 109

I think they'll show as available but if you try to watch them it'll state you have to sign up.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

You can hide channels in the EPG so that any that you don't get (or any you don't want showing) don't show.
I've hidden the IP HD channels, the 'dirty' channels (and all the shopping channels, she hasn't noticed that yet).
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
s1m0nh
Dabbler

Thanks both. All hidden now (manually).
PeeGee
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

The only problem with hiding the channels is that, if you decide to subscribe to the hidden HD/sport/kids...., you cannot selectively restore channels - you have to restore the lot and re-hide the unwanted channels.
As they are hidden and not deleted, why do they not appear in the "edit" list for selective restoration?
They put a lot of effort into the eye-candy but little thought into "customer satisfaction" features.
Phil
Plusnet Fibre (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link TD-W9980 modem-router.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

Quote from: PeeGee
They put a lot of effort into the eye-candy but little thought into "customer satisfaction" features.

form over function? surely not !
mojorisin
Grafter

The box could really do with a favourites menu even basic freeview boxes have this
s1m0nh
Dabbler

That was one of my favourite features of the ondigital box. You could have the channels in any order you saw fit.