cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kids pack error message

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Kids pack error message

Hi, set up my YVTV box etc today. When I try to watch any Disney channel I get an error message suggesting I check my cables and connection. Most odd as it has a constant, steady 38 Mb connection when I connect pc to same Ethernet connector that goes into the box. I can watch watch all the on demand channels and freeview channels with no problem. Does it takes time to activate the Disney channels or should I be looking at another cause?
24 REPLIES
ricke17
Grafter

Re: Kids pack error message

What router are you using?  Have you definitely subscribed to these channels?
Fibre Broadband 80/20, Netgear D7000
Community Veteran

Using PN supplied router. Entertainment pack etc as shown in attached screenshot of email from PN. 
ricke17
Grafter

Can you view any of the internet channels?
Community Veteran

By internet channels you mean iplayer etc? Yes, no problem with them. Watching despicable me 2 on Netflix as we speak.
ricke17
Grafter

I meant have you tried MTV, Animal Planet etc - if you cannot see any of the channels you have subscribed to then either it's not been activated from plusnet's end or maybe a reboot of the youview box will help (turn it off from behind the little box on the left hand side, wait a few seconds and turn it back on again).  Doubtful it's the router as you can watch netflix etc.
Mine came on straight away after I plugged everything in, and you have ruled out the ethernet cable being faulty as 1) you can watch Netflix and 2) you tried it on your laptop.
Try resetting the youview box as described.
Sometimes you have to set up the internet channels first, but if you have to do that then it tells you what to do on screen.
Community Veteran

Thanks rickie, will try in a bit. Grandkids watching despicable with me. I turn it off and my life not worth living! Grin
ricke17
Grafter

Grin Grin Yeh fair enough - let me know how you get on.
Don't forget that you will be charged for the internet packs from today - so if turning off then on doesn't work, give PN a call.
Rick.
Community Veteran

No animal planet. No history channel. Phone call to plusnet tomorrow. I can't see a way of checking my package anywhere either. Can check phone and broadband but not tv.  Undecided
ricke17
Grafter

Then they've screwed up bhave you tried turning off the box then on again?
Community Veteran

Yes, done that and reset the powerline,swapped the ethernet cables and sacrificed a chicken!  Ok, not sacrificed a chicken but getting desperate. what's really annoying is that going to the member centre I can't find any details on Plusnet tv, so I can check what's active.
ricke17
Grafter

Give them a call now if you can as they're open until 10ish.
You've done everything that they'd be asking you to do.
Someone obviously hasn't pressed a button to activate the channels.
Community Veteran

Rang them today. Seems like my router is not up to scratch (apparently not multi-cast enabled). They sending me a new one. Watch this space!  Roll eyes
ricke17
Grafter

I hope they're going to refund you for the days you're unable to watch!
Let us know when you get the new router and you can watch your channels!!
Community Veteran

Slight hiccup - or not!  Had a call today from someone at PN, but was unable to answer. They did leave a message that they would call back later - still waiting.  Did leave a first name (no surname) , but no number to call them back on.
The message was that they didn't think it was the router now.  So now it's just wait. Huh