Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is my You View box faulty?

Mayfly
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Is my You View box faulty?

We always switch our TV and associated boxes off over night but with YV Box switched on first thing viewing via the TV, it takes ages for the signal to get through when watching BBC, most times the ITV will fire up immediately but not always. The time it takes for the signal to come through is taking longer and longer over 2 minutes now.
I got the box to view Eurosport but very often when I do it tells me the channel is unavailable check my router, however other channels are fine and the pcs don't have a problem and my speed via home plugs is on average 23Mb.
If I switch to viewing by the YV box sometimes it's will swap the viewing OK, other times I have to switch the TV off and on again - it's as tho' the box doesn't recognise a TV is there [of visa versa].
Not really happy with inconvenience of it all.
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

Re: Is my You View box faulty?

What are your eco power settings at? If it is on Smart or Max saving then very early it will take a long time to start up, or are you talking about AFTER it has powered up?
Mayfly
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Not sure what the setting was as it did an update yesterday so couldn't check that I think it's now set to eco.

However this morning I switched on both the TV and the YV box at the mains. Used the TV remote - ITV came up straight away, switched to BBC and it was well over 2 minutes before the signal came through, and a good minute of that was after the YV box fired up.
Another thing I noticed, I mainly got the YV box for Eurosport as they have a lot of cycling, yesterday I switched the box on at 2.00pm and between then and 6.00pm the the signal dropped out 12 times telling me to check the router, this is wired via a home hub. It's the only channel that drops out and my the pcs were fine.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

Sounds like a faulty box then, since the internet channels shouldn't be susceptible to drop out, unless you have a line issue.