Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet channels cutting out after 5 minutes with IPC6023 error

FIXED
Adrian2

Internet channels cutting out after 5 minutes with IPC6023 error

Hi Community,

I am having an issue with my internet channels cutting out after 5 minutes with IPC6023 error this is when watching 'live' as well as on recordngs.

I have tried all the usual checks including factory reset on the Youview box. I have no internet connectivity issues at all besides this including VPN connections staying up all day no problem. Only other issue I do tend to get is Viber/Skype cut outs after some time not sure if that is just a red herring or not?

Plusnet want to send an engineer out but I am really hoping that someone in PlusNet can take some initiative and actually check my account details and my connection to the entitlement server which was pointed as a fix on other forums.  Or if anyone in the community have come up against this and has any tips/tricks?

4 REPLIES
beeceegee
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Internet channels cutting out after 5 minutes with IPC6023 error

Fix

What is your setup? Are you using homeplugs? I started off using plugs as I cannot wire the box to the router. For a year or so this worked well enough, then the throughput over the plugs began to fall dramatically, resulting in the sort of thing you are experiencing. Eventually I ditched the plugs and now use a multicast-capable wireless bridge, which has worked flawlesly.

Adrian2

Thank you very much beeceegee, yes I was using homeplugs (that are quite old)... tried connecting direct using an extension on the phone cable and it is working now just fine!

Thank you very much, a real pity this is not noted on the FAQ or where they are recommending homeplugs!

Out of interest did you setup your own wireless bridge using an old router or did you buy a dedicated one?

beeceegee
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I posted my setup over in the "Routers for Multicast" thread. As that is a bit long now here is the relevant bit:

As a long ethernet cable is not a viable option I followed up on a chat I had with TP-Link support and installed a TL-WA890EA wireless bridge, which they said should work (with the caveat that it might not!). I have given it exclusive use of the Archer C8's 5Ghz wireless band, and it feeds the TV and YV boxes via short ethernet cables.
This arrangement is now working as well as the powerline adapters ever did

Community Veteran
Fixes: 39

@Adrian2, One of these https://www.7dayshop.com/products/edimax-cv-7438ndm-n600-dual-band-gigabit-wi-fi-entertainment-bridg... may be worth a punt at £14.99. They're a weird shape but I got one ( just for playing around with ) and it works fine as a wireless bridge. Whether it will support multicast I don't know...