Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet channels breaking up

BenJSmyth
Grafter

Internet channels breaking up

Hi all,
We now have the Youview+ box which is wired in to a Powerline adapter on our approximate 60mb connection.
We are experience problems with the occasional sound dropout and picture break up whilst watching an internet channel. We were on the Youview trial with Plus Net on the older box, also connected through a Powerline adapter (the new box has basically replaced the old) and never had this problem.
Is anyone else experiencing this or can PN help us out with our problem?
Thanks
Ben
38 REPLIES
Fixes: 101

Re: Internet channels breaking up

might be worth power cycling the power line adapters, think I read on another post that had worked.
Will Moderate For Thanks
thegame2k0
Grafter

I had the same issue with tp link powerline adaptars for now i have gone back to cat6e ethernet and have had no break up at all on the internet channels.
Community Veteran

Reboot your powerline adapters and if it continues re sync them with each other.
Do you have any other make of powerline adapters in the house and are the adapter into a surge protected socket or bar. I have found both of these to cause the occasional issue.
podman
BenJSmyth
Grafter

I do have TP Link powerline adapters and they are around 3 years old. I did try power cycling but it has made no difference.
I've decided to upgrade them for Solwise AV2 1200 adapters - apparently some of the best.
I'll see if these make a difference and post back if not.
Thanks all.
BenJSmyth
Grafter

Right, an update.
I've installed my new Solwise powerline adapters but the breakup is still occurring on the Youview box. Are Plusnet able to check my line or my box remotely to see if there are any errors showing?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

the problem might be your electrical cabling, which would mean changing the adaptors made no different.
you will need to rule out that first before anything else, which means connecting the box to the router via ethernet.
BenJSmyth
Grafter

I'm going to try that this evening. I don't have any problems with any other units going through the Powerline adapter and the Youview box I had on the Plusnet trial worked a charm.
Our house is a new build too, only 2 years old, so the wiring should be ok.
I will try a direct ethernet connection tonight and report back.
BenJSmyth
Grafter

So I tried last night direct into the router with an ethernet cable but the same thing happens. Could someone from Plusnet please help me out?
ricke17
Grafter

Do you have an aerial booster plugged in to the aerial socket?  Although, thinking about it, that shouldn't matter for the internet channels.  Have you tried tuning in the channels again?  Seems weird as the only thing that has changed for you is having a new box.
dick:quote
Fibre Broadband 80/20, Netgear D7000
BenJSmyth
Grafter

No there's no aerial booster. I have tried retuning the channels and have done a reset on the box but still the same.
I'm hoping I can get this sorted before we start using the box properly so I don't have to wipe it (or have it swapped out) and lose all the recordings!
ricke17
Grafter

It's very bizarre - maybe give pn a call?
BenJSmyth
Grafter

I think I'll have to. I was hoping someone from PN would respond and help me on here....
ricke17
Grafter

probs quicker to buzz them!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

I'd call and report the box faulty, tell them you need a new one sent out pronto because you can't use the service you're paying for (so you'll require a credit for the days until the new box arives  Wink ) - hopefully get one quickly.
You mention a 'trial' box, I guess that's been returned, otherwise you could use that until the replacement arrives.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.