cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet channels breaking up

ricke17
Grafter

Re: Internet channels breaking up

Try the IGMP think on both wifi bands and let me know.
Unfortunately, if they send an engineer then you will have to use your old pn box and or router; incidentally have you tried them to see if your channels still remain screwed up?  Just be careful with changing routers etc because of the damn DLM thing.
Also, it depends who you speak to in regards to the support you get.  Surely they (pn) shouldn't be advising you on your home theatre set up as this is not in their remit.
I assume you have tried a new ethernet cable into your router from the Asus?
Good luck!
Fibre Broadband 80/20, Netgear D7000
BenJSmyth
Grafter

Cheers mate. I shall try the IGMP snooping and let you know.
I have cheekily sent this link through the support ticket as well, as Sky obviously support it!
https://recombu.com/digital/article/skyhd-update-dolby-digital-51-hdmi_M11975.html
ricke17
Grafter

LOL!!!
Hopefully the IGMP thing will help - you may have to briefly disconnect and reconnect to the internet via the ASUS UI (although, if I remember rightly, it does that when you enable the IGMP thing on the wifi bands).  And reboot the YV box by turning it off using the switch around the back of the box.
Fingers crossed, by now I am assuming you want to throw the damned thing out of the window!
Rick.
MattyC
Champion
Fixes: 46

Hi there,
I don't think my colleague realised that you were using a different router, as it hasn't really come up in discussion on the ticket. I appreciate that you use your own, but are you able to replicate the problem with our router?
Having looked over the ticket, it appears that things are a little convoluted (not the fault of either party really). Are you able to confirm if this problem happens with the setup as Youview box>HDMI>HDMI port in your TV?
Thanks in advance.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
BenJSmyth
Grafter

Hi Matty,
Thanks for jumping in. It has indeed got a little convoluted - perhaps I've not helped there!
I have not tried with the PN supplied router, and to be honest I don't actually know where it is as I've used mine from day dot.
With regards to the HDMI connection - yes it has been tried directly connected to the TV but still the same thing occurs.
Other than this sound drop issue the new Youview box is miles better than the trial box - so much slicker, better remote and a great deal smaller!
Thank you
Ben
ricke17
Grafter

Any luck matey?
BenJSmyth
Grafter

I enabled the IGMP snooping option last night but then didn't actually get time to watch any TV (I'm preparing for a camping trip this weekend but keep nervously looking at the weather)!
I shall be checking again this evening and will let you know  Smiley
ricke17
Grafter

yeh, gloomy (but humid) in Hampshire!
Yes, let me know - hopefully it'll work!
Highlighted
MAndrewartha

Hi Ben

I am aware that this thread is a little old now.  However, I am experiencing the same issues.  Could I please enquire whether you found a solution.

Many thanks

Mark