cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet channels - black screen

Loopy

Internet channels - black screen

Can't get Internet channels - this is happening more often than I'd like to be honest!  We ARE connected fine to the Internet as I can do Netflix without any problem (and iplayer etc)
Error message is IPC6023 but evidently that's not the actual problem.
Been trying to phone for help but endless queue - also tried webchat but it says there are 14 people ahead of me lol
4 REPLIES
Fixes: 101

Re: Internet channels - black screen

Have you rebooted the modem and the router?
Will Moderate For Thanks
windsors
Dabbler

Hi
I had this problem.
I started with a Billion 8800NL router and Youview box was ok, via a Netgear Homeplug.
The router's WiFi died, and PlusNet sent me a replacement Hub One router.
All ok for an hour or so, then Youview IP channels failed. Restarting the router occasionally fixed the issue. After posting a message and speaking to support I replaced the Homeplug connection with a 10m cable and all works ok.
I have no idea why PlusNet Hub One and Youview IP Channels do not work together over homeplugs; there was no problem with Netflix. So if you are using powerlan/homeplugs try connecting directly to the router. It may fix it. 
jjc
Grafter

IPTV uses a totaly different protocol than normal internet trafic (this includes normal on demand players) this means that every device on the way from your box to the router mus pass this protocol. Have you got any "active" switches on the route as these need to be configured (dumb switches are normally OK) A good test is to try a cable direct from the box to the router if it all works you then have to work out which part of the connection route is causing the problem.
John
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 31

@Loopy
I'd definitely give jjc's advice a try and if it's still a problem do let us know what connection hardware you're using.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team