cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Channels not working - New Customer. Plus net issue??

mattwilliams
Hooked

Internet Channels not working - New Customer. Plus net issue??

Hi - I signed up for Plusnet Enterntainment plus and the Youview box has been recieved and set up. All of the terrestrial channels and online players are working correctly but the internet channels are telling me to 'set up' which I do but I then get a message telling me I need to subscribe which was done when I initially signed up to the service over the telephone. Please can someone from plusnet please look into this as I don't want to paying for a service I am not receiving. Thanks Matt Williams

7 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 181

Re: Internet Channels not working - New Customer. Plus net issue??

Hi Matt,

Sorry to hear your you're unable to access the internet channels via YouView.

It looks like the component on your account has not activated automatically when you've setup your box. I'll be honest with you, I'm personally not entirely sure how to fix this. Leave it with me though and I'll get it investigated tomorrow.

Anoush

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
stereohaven
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I had a similar issue, all set up but couldn't get the additional internet delivered channels to activate.

After many hours of frustration it turned out that my Sonos (which also uses multicast as BT/Plusnet does to deliver the extra channels), was blocking the activation signal.

I unplugged the Sonos, reset the YouView box and the activation went through without a hitch. I then turned the Sonos back on and haven't had any issues since.

Do you have a Sonos or similar on your network that could cause the same problem for you?

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for your patience Matt

Whilst the YouView service should automatically activate once you setup your box, there are instances where this can fail and it should go live at the very latest 10 days after the component was added to your account.

Let us know if you have any issues come Friday. Apologies for the wait. Sad

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
mattwilliams
Hooked

Thanks @Gandalf . I now have the entertainment plus channels but  I have spent the last few days trying to contact Plusnet support over the phone 30 mins over 3 calls and still don’t get through to upgrade to the HD channel packs. Please can this be done as it’s now getting very labourious trying to get an answer via chat or the telephone as I’m now on the verge of giving up. As a new customer this does not bode well. Thanks for your help.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Sorry about the long wait.

Despite the channels working for you, it looks like the YouView component is still queued-activate on your account, so it's not allowing me to change the channel pack. I've raised a task to our billing team to investigate.

We'd expect this to be resolved within the next couple of days.

Once that's happened, we'll add the HD channel pack for you.

Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
mattwilliams
Hooked

Thanks @Gandalf with this and the fact my router was not sent out as the order had not been progressed till I chased with that either does not show good service from Plusnet.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Sorry that your router wasn't ordered automatically. We've raised that issue with our incident management team to investigate further. We'll be in touch in regards to your YouView package shortly.

Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team