Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Channels Breaking Up

FIXED
pboyde
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Internet Channels Breaking Up

Is anyone else having trouble with their internet channels?

Mine keep breaking up.

I'm wired straight to the router so it's not a Powerline issue.

10 REPLIES 10
Baldrick1
Hero
Fixes: 109

Re: Internet Channels Breaking Up

@pboyde 

What results do you get from a wired speed test? If it's low then that's your answer and the issue that needs addressing.

pboyde
Dabbler

My Router is Syncing at 77.35 D and 20 U

The download speed last night, when this occurred, was 35.67 (on my wired Laptop connection).

About a month back my voiceline went dead (but the internet was still working) now, I was told, that there was an equipment issue at my exchange that an Openreach engineer was going to fix.

Now since that was fixed I've been getting intermittent channel break up on my Internet Channels.

I usually do a full power down that temporary fixes it for a few days.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 47

Hi @pboyde,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. Just to clarify, are you experiencing any issues when connecting directly to the router, or are these only occurring whilst connecting via the powerline adapters? It's possible that the connection between the devices and the powerline adapters they're connected to is what's causing this. I say this as I can see no connection drops on the line for the last 15 days or so when testing your line.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
pboyde
Dabbler

I don't use any powerline adaptors on my network.

The Youview Box is connected directly to the Router.

I had a connection drop on 15th November just after midnight until around 00:20.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 47

Hi @pboyde,

My apologies, I've misread your initial post. I can see that the connection dropped very briefly around this time, however I can't see any issues since then. In regards to the internet channels, has there been any problems since the connection dropped out? If so, are you noticing any patterns behind the issues, such as the problem occurring at a certain time, or only with certain channels? Would you be able to swap out the Ethernet cable that you're connecting the YouView box to the router with?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
pboyde
Dabbler

I've swapped the existing cable, that ran between my router and my youview box, with a brand new CAT8 network cable this afternoon. I'll see if I have any drop outs over the next few days.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 63

No worries, let us know how you get on.

Thanks.

Maddy S
 Plusnet Help Team

pboyde
Dabbler

Hi,

I was still getting some breaking up on the IPTV channels last night so I'm trying a Hub One I bought off a certain auction site and seeing if that makes a difference.

Will the Hub One software auto update, as it hasn't been used in at least 12 months?

Thanks

pboyde
Dabbler

Fix

since replacing the BT Openreach VDSL Modem with the Hub One I haven't had any channel break-ups.

I'm just wondering if, when I had a fault on my phoneline (voice only) last month, something may have affected the BTO Modem - just a thought.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hi @pboyde,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Thank you for letting us know that you have connected a Hub One - it's great to hear that this has resolved the problem. Your Hub One should automatically update to the latest software version.

Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team