Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPTV takes out internet

smithcomputers
Grafter
Fixes: 1

IPTV takes out internet

As soon as we change to a subscription channel the internet stops working on all other devices in the house. They all say no internet yet the TV channel works. Was fine until this afternoon when the internet went off briefly then this problem. I have tried rebooting everything an retuning the channels but to no good. Internet still works fine and same speed until you use a subscription channel, although openreach were working just down the road at the time but i cant see how they could have caused this. Any help would be much appreciated as this is very inconveniant to say the least.

Cheers

Mike..

3 REPLIES 3
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 690

Re: IPTV takes out internet

Hi Mike, I'm sorry to see your YouView service affects your broadband.

I've investigated this with my colleague @MatthewWheeler in depth and unfortunately this is likely ultimately due to your low speeds. The channels would basically be using all the bandwidth up leaving none for general web browsing.

This would likely be related to the speed drop you had from 10mbps to around 8mbps as a result of the reprovisioning of your broadband service on the 18/03/2019. Looks like this was another unfortunate unforeseen side effect.

Even though your speeds are right in the middle of your estimates and expectations for your line, as a goodwill gesture I'd like to offer you an engineer visit to further investigate this to see if there's absolutely anything they can do.

If you're happy to go ahead, could you let me know by replying to this ticket please? I've also added more detail on the ticket regarding what we can do if the engineer can't do anything to improve on your speeds.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
smithcomputers
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Hi Anoush,

I have replied to the ticket but I must apologise for the late reply as I have been away for a couple of days and could not reply on my phone as the screen is too small these days. lol

I have put as much detail into the ticket as I can and hope that will be of some use to you. Thanks again for all your help it is much appreciated and a very kind offer.

Kind regards  

Mike...

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 690

Hi Mike, no worries and thanks for getting back to me.

I've added a reply a to your support ticket 188048824 which I hope helps, but let me know if you have any questions.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team