cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPTV channels failing with IPC6023 after 4 1/2 minutes

demberton
Dabbler

IPTV channels failing with IPC6023 after 4 1/2 minutes

I noticed this on Saturday (6th Feb). Watching any of the IPTV channels and it'd stop working with the IPC6023 error. Internet worked fine elsewhere. I found that changing to a different channel also worked, and changing back to the original channel also now worked.
I didn't worry too much about it, but I had four recordings that all came us as part recorded and showed 5 minutes long. This morning I timed it, and it seems every IPTV channel I tried works for 4 1/2 minutes and then falls over with the above error. Switching channel and switching back and it works again. For another 4 1/2 minutes. Undecided That can't be a coincidence.
The box is connected via a cable to a Vigor 2760n. But this has worked perfectly with YouView for a couple of months now and nothing has changed at my end. The router shows the WAN connection has been up for 16 days.
5 REPLIES
windsors
Dabbler

Re: IPTV channels failing with IPC6023 after 4 1/2 minutes

IPC6023 is indicative of packet loss.
How long is the cable from Vigor router to the Youview box, and are there homeplugs, network switches etc in the way?
Does the cable run by a speaker?
demberton
Dabbler

1 metre cable direct to the router. At the back of the TV so lots of cables are near.
Packet loss would be the picture breaking up. This is it working perfectly and then switching off. I use Netflix on the box without any issues so clearly the networking works fine.
I've discovered that turning off IGMP snooping has fixed the issue. Unfortunately, as now presumably Plusnet won't help me if it's my router. I've checked the firmware on the box and the router and nothing's changed since it all worked perfectly. Huh
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Do you have (or can you get/borrow) any other router (must be known compatible with BT/PN TV of course)?
Extremely unlikely given the exact symptoms but have you tried another ethernet cable and/or another port on the router?
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
demberton
Dabbler

I upgraded the router firmware, and it's working again now. I wish I could say if that was the reason, or if whatever it was that made it not work for no reason has gone away. Undecided
Plusnet never sent me the router they were meant to or I'd have tried that.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

If it's now working with IGMP snooping back on then that, presumably, rules out an issue with the YouView box and does 'point the finger' at the router.  Hopefully nothing more than an odd 'one-off glitch'.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.