cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPTV Subscription channels not working: BTV-437 error

Mallett94

IPTV Subscription channels not working: BTV-437 error

Hi all,

On Monday our phone line and broadband moved from BT Infinity 2 with BT TV total entertainment package, to Plusnet Unlimited Fibre. The broadband wasn't activate until Wednesday but it works great.

We ordered the PlusNet TV with Youview+ box and BT Sport and HAD channels. In the Wednesday. The Youview box has arrived today.

I took the BT 1TB You view box out and replaced it with the Plusnet box. I set it all up and it tuned all the channels, however when i try to access a subscription channel and press okay to set it up it comes with the BTV-437 error.

I rang support and we reset the box, factory reset the router (to try and get rid of the BT Box settings), and also tried it via powerline adapters and direct ethernet between box and router.

A fault has now been raised on the account.

I wondered if this forum might have any idea as to what the problem may be?

Might be worth noting that the BT 1TB box was running the new Youview Next gen software whereas the plusnet box the normal software. Also when I click the link to see my TV add-on's it says your service is not setup yet, even though I'm using the planet supplied box.

Many thanks.
5 REPLIES
Interceptor121
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: IPTV Subscription channels not working: BTV-437 error

Generally it does not have anything to do with the box you can continue using the BT box

The service will restart and then you will see the plusnet channels

Looks like there is a configuration issue on the plusnet end nothing else to worry about and don't bother resetting boxes etc

Mallett94

Hi, thanks for the response.

So you think I should wait for something to be fiddled at their end?

I have just tried following the 'fix' in this thread - https://community.plus.net/t5/TV/BTV-437-Error/m-p/1400079#M2816 - , however it didn't work for me.

Thanks.
SpendLessTime
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 53

@Mallett94

Wait, No.

You should contact Plusnet by either phone or the Chat system, (details from the Contact Us link at the top of the page) and chase it up. You never know what they might have forgot to do so who knows how long you could be sat there waiting for it to work.

Shetland
Dabbler

I hope that you do better than me in getting this rectified. I've had YouView for over one year and still cannot receive the extra channels due to the BTV-437 error.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 18

Hi @Shetland

Is the YouView box the one we have supplied you with?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Ben Babinski
 Plusnet Help Team