cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPC6023 Error!

jimhrvy
Hooked

IPC6023 Error!

All my subscribed channels are suddenly NOT working! This is the error fault number associated with it.

I have done everything as described, as far as resetting my Youview box,  all of no avail.

Interestingly, BT Sport app works perfectly on my iPad, Windows Laptop, and an android box attached to my television!! All of these pieces of kit use the same access point to the internet; The only piece of kit with the fault / error is the Plusnet Youview box!!!

Doing a google search shows me that this error has history back to 2014, with BT, TalkTalk as well as Plusnet.  It appears that there is no real satisfactory solution to this problem  -  or is there?

I don't see any point in contacting Plusnet Support, I only wait hours on the 'phone while they try to find the right "expert". Is there anybody on this forum that has any constructive and useful to offer?

My only real option is to wait for my contract to expire and then leave plusnet; I wonder what the Advertising Standards people would say about the Plusnet Adverts?!!!

Jimhrvy

2 REPLIES
pbwoody
Hooked

Re: IPC6023 Error!

@jimhrvy - Funnily enough I had IPC6023 errors when I was using my own ASUS RT-AC68U Router with Plusnet TV (even with correct multicast settings).

Each IPTV channel would work for around 2 minutes then end in an IPC6023 error. I tried rebooting, then resetting, my YouView+ box to no avail and in the end fixed it by using the supplied Plusnet Router. And when the wi-fi on it proved too slow for me, I upgraded to a BT SmartHub and haven't had a single IPC6023 error since.

So, if you're using a 3rd party router, try using the provided Plusnet one and, if not, then I'm out of ideas unfortunately.

jimhrvy
Hooked

Re: IPC6023 Error!

Funnily enough, I had just gone back to my plusnet router this very week!!

The Fault(!!) as you described it happened to me. I had been relying in the BT Sport app on my android smart tv box, when I tried the Plusnet box again, and instead of the error message straight away, as you described, it was ok for a moment or two, and then bombed out! That was the clue I was looking for, re-installed the Plusnet Router and everything was OK!!

My research (!!) on the internet has shown that this error is a system fault; no iISP has ever come up with a permanent answer, and it still occurs, as we've found out. Solutions have varied from a 'third party' piece of equipment at the exchange to various software 'updates'.  It seems that the system itself is at fault and nobody is prepared to investigate and find an answer. Asa retired IT Professional who has been a tech support manager during my career, I find that attitude very, very poor.

On another note, how are you finding the BT Smart Hub? That was one of my considerations when I was switching away from the Plusnet Router, and like am not all that happy the Plusnet's 5 MGhz performance.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Removed quote tags.