cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPC6011 error - cant watch internet channels - error at Plusnet end?

lp19

IPC6011 error - cant watch internet channels - error at Plusnet end?

I set up my Youview box on Wednesday and it activated the internet channels but when I go to watch one it says 'Channel unavailable.  Contact ISP,  IPC6011'.

Ive logged this but they still say its going to be a minimum of 72 hrs (I assume excluding weekends) before the TV Support team can get back to me.

Anyone know if this is easy and quick for Plusnet to fix?  It sounds like they know something is wrong at their end.

Thanks.

12 REPLIES
DS
Pro
Fixes: 7

Re: IPC6011 error - cant watch internet channels - error at Plusnet end?

lp19

Thanks for your reply.  Tried all those steps a few times.  Have since heard back from Plusnet who are aware of the issue and apparently it is at their end so nothing I can do here.  If anyone else is experiencing this best to phone so they are aware you are affected.  I spoke to a guy called [CSA Removed] when I phoned back again and he was unbelievably helpful, couldnt fault my call with him!

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) CSA name removed to private staff area as per Forum rules

DS
Pro

Well, the only thing I can say is that at least you get to that error, which is a step more than the btv-437 I've had ever since my YV box was connected a few days before Christmas!!!!

Forndog
Hooked

I am also getting this error and lost several recordings plus cannot watch any internet channels. Is there any update?Huh
DS
Pro

Were these recordings definitely stored on your box?

If they were, the only way for them to be erased is if you manually deleted them, the box was full and started to delete them (you can turn this warning on if it's been turned off) or you carried out a factory reset.

Having said that, if you were recording a channel that comes down from the server (via the internet) and either the router was off, the connection dropped or something similar this would prevent the recording from taking place - unless this IPC6011 error disconnects the box from the server.....?

Forndog
Hooked

I cannot watch internet channels and this is why the recording failed. My yv is hardwired to my broadband so don't know what the issue is.
DS
Pro

If you've been through the link I posted further up this page, my only other suggestion is to give them a call - (yes I know, the dreaded call)

I had to contact them many times and they have passed it to their ASG team - not sure if this team can do anything for this error. As I pointed out above, the error message BTV-437 appears to come before this IPC6011 error.

Forndog
Hooked

I've done a full reset and still nothing 😕
DS
Pro

Was that just the YV box?

If so was the reset via the YV remote going via the menus?

lp19

When I had this error, I had tried all sorts of resets of the box quite a few times, checked all connections etc but nothing worked. The IPC6011 error was at Plusnets end so you really should give them a call. They said that it was due to the way the connection was being made at their end. They did suggest that until they had a fix for it, if it ever happened again, I could turn my router off for 5 mins and switch it back on again to try to get it connecting correctly at their end but l might have to do this quite a few times!

If you've contacted them to report the problem and run through all the resets and cable checks etc you could try the router thing a few times - who knows, you might get lucky!

Forndog
Hooked

Well first thing this morning after doing resets and all the checks last night, it finally worked. Only issue now is Im getting intermittent volume loss and the only way to fix this is turn off the box and turn it back on.I will log a call tonight. All I wanted to do last night was just watch TV after a long day and go to bed, instead I was trying to fix the tv and went to bed late.

DS
Pro

I believe IPC-6011 can be on screen for few reasons, but firstly:

If you leave the box in it's default settings, under Picture Quality Alert for Internet Channels, the default is 'OFF'.

Yet on the Plusnet help page it states the following - If you're seeing an error message but can watch Internet channels, it then tells us to turn off error messages, but it's already off! That's just daft because why would it tell us to turn off a setting that is already off.....?

Having checked for the same error code on the BT Youview help page, then look for IPC-6011, it tells BT users to try to use the BT App. Clearly we do not have this BT App, so should we try using another pre installed App?

So the same error, either on Plusnet or BT gives two different things to try first if we can still watch Internet channels!

The Plusnet help page then states that 'If you're seeing this error message when trying to make or playback recordings', it then links back to the same page I'm already on now (after typing in the error code in the search).

But the BT page starts to tell us to begin restarting the equipment!

However, lets say that somebody has switched Picture Quality Alert for Internet Channels to 'ON'. I did switch it on during the first day I powered up the box, and again since resetting the box many times (the resetting was at Plusnets request) and so far I have not seen any IPC-xxxx error messages.

Therefore the first part of the Plusnet help page would apply to me.

But if I follow the instructions, because I have it turned on, then basically we're told to 'hide' the warning by changing the setting, it does not cure it!

-------

Some of you may not know, but once the Youview box has been set up, then 'seen' at Plusnets end, an update needs to be sent to the Plusnet Hub One to allow for multicasting - I think this is where some are seeing the IPC error message, because this automated update is not coming through.

Another issue sounds like some Power Line Adapters do not work well with the box either.

And yet another factor for seeing this message could actually be because the Internet speed has dropped below what is needed for YV to work correctly.

I would say that after calling Plusnet for them to then get us jumping backwards through a hoop whilst juggling chainsaws for this message to then disappear, the next time you see the error, pop a post on these forums but also include a BT Speed Test so we can see if it's a speed issue, possibly (although small) an issue at our end or indeed an issue at Plusnets end.

As a side note, this resetting, switching off, on, off , on or disconnecting and reconnecting can end up causing IP address conflicts between the Plusnet Hub One and the YV box Sad

My only suggestion to prevent such a clash is to disconnect all devices to the Hub, switch it off for a few mins, switch it on, wait a few more mins and then connect the box next and finally the reminder of our equipment