cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I own my own youview box give me my HD back.

Julee
Grafter

I own my own youview box give me my HD back.

I am the owner of a you view box which I bought a number of years ago, IT IS NOT a bt box or a plusnet box, it is my own box, it has always given me the most stunning picture, people who have up-to-date televisions always remark on the quality of the picture. I have had access to HD as well as Netflix ect.

All of a sudden there is a notification on the HD that I am not signed up to plusnet, I rang plusnet who informed me that I must subscribe to plusnet HD tv and they would sent me a new box. NO NO NO.

I have sky, I have Netflix, I use the youview box to watch programs such as Planet's because of the wonderful picture, I do not want all the sports channels, if I did I would get them from sky.

I just want my HD back, this is charging for Freeview channels such as the BBC and making me take out a subscription I DO NOT WANT.

Any ideas? 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 83

Re: I own my own youview box give me my HD back.

All of a sudden there is a notification on the HD that I am not signed up to plusnet, I rang plusnet who informed me that I must subscribe to plusnet HD tv

AFAIK you should be able to get all the Freeview channels (including HD) without any subscription. You only need a PlusNet subscription to get the additional channels and/or BT sport. The HD pack subscription just provides those additional channels in HD as well.

Hopefully one of the PN help team will see this thread and assist

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 665

Re: I own my own youview box give me my HD back.

Hi there.

Could you PM me your account username so I can investigate this further?

The account attached to your forum profile isn't bringing up an account with a YouView or fibre service on.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team