cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am thinking about switching from talktalk

Daniel2025

I am thinking about switching from talktalk

I have some questions first. On talktalk TV your only allowed to record one Internet channel at once is the same restriction on plusnet TV? Can I use my humax box I appreciate plus net say you can't but I was wondering if this was down to there system needing to see a box been ordered. Is the full bt sport package available? Is lifetime available preferably hd. Lastly do plusnet use outsource call centres at all? I am not racist or out but I think there is a language barrier to overcome and most the time they read from script's.
7 REPLIES
biggles001
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: I am thinking about switching from talktalk

You can only record one internet  at a time,similar to the TT box.You can use your other box,but not on internet ones,as PN do not support multi room boxes.The full BT Sports package is available,as an extra,and Lifetime is also available,not sure about HD though.The Call Centre is UK based.I was with TT and migrated,6 months ago,and am very pleased.Remember,PN require you to be on fibre ,to have their TV package,but that was no problem for me.Transfer from TT to PN was smooth,I only contacted PN and they did all the work.Discuss your needs with an advisor,and you ought to be surprised,I like the PN box,being small and rapid.Bon Chance!!

Daniel2025

Unfortunately I won't be switching to plus net. I am always suspicious of companies that require advance payment for services not yet provided. Everything seamed good until I found this out.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

Sorry to hear that, unfortunately the initial payment is required. This is simply your first month subscription in most cases and is there as a measure to stop accounts being signed up and costing us money with orders etc

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
biggles001
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

As most telecom companies bill in advance for line and broadband,what's the difference?

Daniel2025

So it's not held as a security deposit
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 36

Subscription charges paid in advance cover fees for the first month and run from the date your service goes live. The next subscription charges (along with accrued call charges) will be due on the same day of each following month.

If you choose to pay line rental 12 months in advance that payment will be taken when you order, but again will run from the date your service goes live.

David
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

Hi again,

No, it's not a security deposit. It's simply the first months service. You'll be advised of whether there are any other costs (line install etc) as you go through the signup journey.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team