cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long until i recieve tv box?

thegame2k0
Grafter

How long until i recieve tv box?

I had the phonecall last Wednesday 20th May inviting me to take plusnet tv, i got a text message on Thursday saying they had despatched my router (i presume they meant tv box as i already have a plusnet router) i am still yet to recieve my item i paid £7.99 delivery for this?
I haven't got  time to keep waiting around so would like a straight answer please has the box been sent and when should it arrive?
Even talktalk weren't this slow and that's saying something.
Also i was told i'd be charged from 21st may for my tv services, i don't think so. Why should i pay for something i'm not recieving.
12 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

Re: How long until i recieve tv box?

thegame2k0
Grafter

No garden lol i'm on 20th floor hehe.
dick:quote
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 165

Hi thegame2k0, welcome to the forums.
Sorry to hear it's taking longer than expected for the box to arrive, I've chased this up and we've now sent a new one (If the first one arrives as well, please let us know and we'll get a returns bag sent out for you).
The billing for TV should actually only start once the box is plugged in, but if this activates early for any reason, give us a shout and we'll sort it out so you're only charged from when you've had it  Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet Help Team
thegame2k0
Grafter

Would it be tomorrow the box would be expected to arrive?
dick:quote
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 165

Hopefully it should be with you tomorrow, but it could be the day after if it doesn't arrive tomorrow.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet Help Team
thegame2k0
Grafter

That's great thanks i'm in all day tomorrow anyway.
KrisLord
Dabbler

I ordered yesterday and also got a text saying the router had been dispatched, despite being an existing customer.
I got email and text this morning saying the TV equipment had dispatched and providing a tracking number. Upon tracking I found it had dispatched yesterday and was already at my local depot for delivery today. I picked it up from the post office after work and it's all setup now.
I just need to get my aerial fixed, I knew it didn't work but wanted to have the youview box first Smiley
thegame2k0
Grafter

Box arrived today no problem it was the regular parcelforce guy who is very good.
Box was easy to set up however i think i'm going to have to get housing association to look at the ariel on roof as no itv, channel4 or channel 5 yet itvhd, ch4hd is there lol so it's safe to say it is certainly not the box.
Was very pleased that the plusnet channels came through no problem via my tplink router i was dreading having to use plusnets last centuray router Cheesy was also pleasantly surprised to see History and foxhd channels too, if i was to add the kids pack how much extra would it be?
Hopefully more channels will come soon but for £8p/m including hd i can't complain as very good selection of channels, now if only SKY and BT would kiss and make up then we could get sky1 etc lol.
MattyC
Champion
Fixes: 46

Thanks for keeping us updated.
Glad to hear that it's working a little better. FYI It's an extra £3 for the kids package. Let me know if you want it adding on.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
thegame2k0
Grafter

Itv channel4 and rest of missing channels are now showing turns out it was my ariel cable good old poundland saved the day lol.
I'll leave the kids for a month as already looking at a estimated £58 for this month lol but will defo add it next month.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

Itv channel4 and rest of missing channels are now showing turns out it was my ariel cable good old poundland saved the day lol.

Glad to hear it was an easy fix, always worth checking aerial signal as a step in diagnosing problems.
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
thegame2k0
Grafter

I rarely watch live channels anyway i mostly watch on demand such as netflix, only live channels i bother with are food network as i love diners, drive in and dives, syfy, discovery and fox the latter 3 i can get without the ariel anyway as they are internet channels with my subscription.
I think the tv is missing on demand content from networks such as fox, discovery etc but plusnet tv is still a toddler and i know it will grow in time with on demand content and more channels, have a feeling the uktv (watch, gold, eden) channels will be arriving soon too.
Regardless it is outstanding value at £8p/m including hd even my sister is thinking off joining plusnet once her contract is up with vm.