How long for TV to get active?

Macc2018
Rising Star

Re: Non TV update

ok thankyou.

Macc2018
Rising Star

its ok as just got the 2nd email and have set the app up now.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 40

No problem @Macc2018, please give us a nudge if you need any further assistance.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 SammyM
 Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 818

Moderators Note

Topics from same OP merged to keep all info together.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Macc2018
Rising Star

Another day has been and gone and still no TV.

i so really do not understand how and why its taking so long as there is no work to be done and box is all set up so it should just be a click of a button or a mouse at PN towers.

but as i have said before PN just could not give a dam as i know and they know these channels will not be on by Thursday night i would put money on that fact.

PN have one very very unhappy customer.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 854

Thanks for getting back to us @Macc2018 

I'm sorry to see you feel that way. As we've gone through before the 10 days for a YouView component to activate is something that's done automatically, there isn't any button we can click on to do this I'm afraid.

If this isn't sorted by the close of play on Thursday I'll get this raised for further investigation.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
Macc2018
Rising Star

it does not take 10 days for everyones to get active.

i will tell you at the end of play on Thursday they will not be on and i will say to you why did you not listen and get this sorted before as its been a bulls up at your end with someone not doing the order right in the 1st place.

it does not take 10 days for something to happen automatically these days as we are in 2020 not 1980.

so if you say its about the components then why have i got the SD one but not any of the others? if that worked then why not the others?

have you tried to watch anything in SD these days? 

have to say are you fully TV trained at PN? as i am not too sure that you are to be honest.

i also hope PN is going to come up with some form of comp for all this mess.

also why has a Manager spoken to me about all this as they seem to hide when there are problems as i bet most of the Ofcom complaints about PN are about PN staff not getting anything sorted and no caring about there customers.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I've discussed this with a colleague from our TV technical support team and they've confirmed what I've told you that if the component doesn't activate when your set top box is plugged in then it should do after the 10 days.

Think of that a bit like a fail-safe that's hard coded into the system, both myself and my colleague haven't seen one instance where the component doesn't activate automatically after the 10 days. The reason that your HD channels aren't working bu the rest are is due to how they're provisioned from an account through to the back-end systems. 

With regards to why this had happened in the first instance, from what I can see nobody's done anything wrong, it's unfortunately down to the system not automatically provisioning this correctly in the first instance. 

To get this resolved the colleague I discussed this with has added the missing channels i.e HD into the back-end system as he's said this shouldn't cause an issue, however if it does then we'd need to deal with the fall out as best as we can.

When you next go to watch your YouView service you should see a prompt on your screen to acknowledge and press the 'OK' button on your remote control and you should have full access to everything you've ordered.

I hope this helps.

Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
Macc2018
Rising Star

Pleased to say that has worked.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Glad to hear that!

Let's hope there's no repercussions now. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
Macc2018
Rising Star

Ive sent you 2 PM,s.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks, I saw. I'll message you back when I'm in the office tomorrow. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
Macc2018
Rising Star

ok