cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long for TV to get active?

Macc2018
Rising Star

How long for TV to get active?

Got my Youview box and have just set it up but none of the paid channels are working.

i keep getting a message saying i need to be a PN customer which i am and none of my TV sub shows up on my online account and also keep getting code BTP-1500.

so how long does it take for channels to go active and what do i do to get them active?

strange thing is that when setting up the box it never asked me to login which i would had though it would have asked me for my PN login details which it did not.

27 REPLIES 27
Macc2018
Rising Star

Re: How long for TV to get active?

PN

Can someone help me please from PN as i am getting nowhere with you with ref to my Youview box not working.

Early yesterday afternoon i called and chap on phone got me to do a router reset and also youview box reset and not worked so he said he would pass it to another team and that he would contact me before he went hom with a update which he did not do.

so i called again and spoke with another chap who said he would send a message from his end to youview box and it should be working within half a hour and guess what still not worked.

i am paying for a service that i can not use and getting passed from person to person and getting nowhere.

Macc2018
Rising Star

Re: Broadband or Youview problem?

PN can you please read my thread with ref to my non working youview box please as i am getting no where with you.

Highlighted
Fixes: 801

Moderators Note

Post split and merged from another topic to keep same issue in one place.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Macc2018
Rising Star

I am sorry but this is not good enough as at no stage during the time i ordered it was i told it could take up to 10 days to go active and also it even says on the box all i need to do is plug it in set it up and off i go so i would say you have miss sold me the TV part.

can you please explain to me on why it can take that long as there must be a reason as a sky customer would not have a box installed by sky then told they would have to wait up till 10 days t be able to watch something.

its also not good enough to be told by 3 people that i have spoken to at PN 3 diff reasons so i have got to the point now of not believing anything you tell me as i have been lied to by PN staff.

also i had BT sport app before i ordered TV from you and now i can not even login to that as it keeps saying i have to actived it but it wont let me even do that.

this whole thing has been a bulls up from the start and i am not happy.

Macc2018
Rising Star

10 days to get TV active.

So ordered box last Wednesday and got box on Saturday and set it all up as stated in box and guess what TV not active so called up PN and did the normal reset router and youview box and still nothing worked.

then got told would be passed to another team to deal with and got a message today saying it will take up to 10 days to go active.

Did not tell me that when i ordered so a bit of mis selling there i think.

can someone please tell me why it can take up to 10 days to go active? as is it not just add TV to my account and off you go?

oh i bet the TV will be on my billing from when i ordered it not when it goes active!!!!!!

its like sky inatllling a sky box for someone then telling them oh sorry you have to wait 10 days to watch anything it so would not happen,

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 843

Thanks for your post @Macc2018 

I'm sorry to see you're experiencing problems with your YouView service.

I've looked into this for you and I can see the YouView component on your account is showing as queued-activate. Normally this activates once you've set up your set top box but it looks like the system didn't provision this correctly on this occasion and we've had to manually get this provisioned which we've done this morning.

If your channels don't work within the next 24 hours then I'm afraid we'd need to wait the 10 days out as there isn't anything we can do to manually activate the YouView component, there's no functionality built in the system for this. The 10 days is a bit like a 'fail safe' if automation doesn't take care of the component automatically.

I can assure you that we won't be charging you for your YouView service until the component has activated, because it's at this point that the relevant billing charges will be added to the billing system relating to your account.

If you feel you've been missold and want to cancel your order for this then I'd recommend calling our customer options team on 0800 013 2632. It's obviously not an outcome we'd want but the option is there should you choose to take it.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 801

Re: 10 days to get TV active.

Moderators Note

Topics merged to keep all info and comments in one place

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 47

Hi @Macc2018,

I can see we've now responded in your thread.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Macc2018
Rising Star

Non TV update

Well over a week has passed now since i placed order for TV and guess what got box but still can not watch what i ordered.

Still excuses coming out from PN and the days are ticking away for them to get there finger out and sort it out and not sit there in the hope i just go away.

they must know that i will not go away even if it means going to Ofcom and Trading standards as i am sure they have broken there part of the contract.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 843

Re: Non TV update

Cheers for your time on the phone @Macc2018

Just seen this post now, I can assure you we're definitely not just waiting for you to go away. We genuinely want to get this resolved for you and it's probably as frustrating for us that we can't fix the issue so easily.

As discussed hopefully you'll get access to the BT Sport App once BT have provisioned this on their backend system and you've carried out the steps in an email they'll send to create a new BT ID.

Send me a message on Monday if you get the failed payment interruption again and I'll remove this as soon as I can, I'm in the office from 9 to 5:30 next week. I'm also happy to be your point of contact for this which means that feel free tto drop me a message anytime and providing there's a valid reason I'll get the interruption removed as soon as I can.

I'm also going to follow up at the end of day on Thursday and if your YouView component remains queued-activate I'll raise this for further investigation and see what we can do to get that resolved.

Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
Macc2018
Rising Star

About 8am this morning i got a email from BT but its the one where its asking me for BT account number but they have not sent out the one for PN customers so how long after the 1st one do they send out the email for PN customers?

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 317

Thanks for getting back to us @Macc2018

The e-mail you're received should allow you to create a BTID which you'll need to log into the BT Sport website/app

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Macc2018
Rising Star

No it does not as it asks me for my BT account number which i do not have as i am with PN not BT.

20200120_020549.png

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Personal information removed from a public forum.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 317

Sorry to hear that @Macc2018

I've passed this onto @Gandalf so he can chase that up for you when he's back in.

Apologies for the continued inconvenience

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team