cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you watch BT Sport via BT sports app on a phone.

trashman
Hooked

How do you watch BT Sport via BT sports app on a phone.

Want to watch BT Sport App on my iPhone I have BT Sport as a package with Plusnet. Unfortunately cannot login as it asks for my BT ID and password ... have tried all combinations but zero success. Any ideas please.

8 REPLIES
DaveyH
Pro
Fixes: 6

Re: How do you watch BT Sport via BT sports app on a phone.

You can't.

BT Sport is only available via Plusnet/Youview or Sky TV platforms to Plusnet Customers.

trashman
Hooked

Okay but given I have bought the package and PlusNet is owned by BT surely it's just an edit to the login module to include PlusNet customers
Interceptor121
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

If you want the BT sport app and BT Tv app you need to pay extra and go to BT.
There are other benefits to BT such as wifi but you have to pay for that it does come at the lower plusnet charges
trashman
Hooked

I am already a Plusnet customer, I get BT sport as part of my package. So I can watch BT sport on my TV via Sky box but not on my mobile as I do not have a BT login and password. All BT have to do is allow Plusnet customers who have paid for BT Sport to sign into the BT app on the iPhone. Make it happen Plusnet

Interceptor121
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

BT charges £9.51 more than plusnet for those services you can't have them by paying less
Already BT sport on sky with plusnet is much cheaper than BT
I think you can't get all you want without paying
Fixes: 101

It has been stated several times by PN staff that the only way to get BT sport is via YouView / Sky.
There won't be any access to the app, don't think we can get any more clear than that.

As others have said if you want that access you'll need to move ISP.
Will Moderate For Thanks
stereohaven
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

As other's have said, the only way to get included access to the BT Sport app is with a BT Sport subscription with BT.

If you don't fancy moving to BT then you may want to look at the deals EE offer for your mobile as they give 3 months free access to the BT Sport app which you can retain thereafter for £5 a month. That would still be cheaper than moving to BT lock stock and barrel.

One last caveat, if you do go down that route it is not exactly the same app, so can only watch content on your phone and cannot Airplay for example to an Apple TV, use a Chromecast or use your login on a laptop.

So it's an alternative, but a very limited one. Full details here: EE - 3 months free BT Sport

Fixes: 117

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav)

Post released from Spam Filter

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still