cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP ! Recommend me a router that works with Plusnet TV, Im giving in

djwhittaker1970

HELP ! Recommend me a router that works with Plusnet TV, Im giving in

Hello everyone
I have totally fallen out with the router plusnet supplied me (plusnet hub one) I really think its the worst router I've used.
I need and want a new router
Any way the real gripe I have is port forwarding on the plusnet hub one. I've never had so much trouble in life with a router saying "port conflict with a device you have just chosen" er excuse me I've just hard reset your router to make sure there are no devices or port forward rules setup. But it still maintains I have set 1 up. There is no logic to it at all I've managed to setup loads of port forward rules then tried to add 1 more and its says conflict , conflict ? conflict with what I've made a list and I've not used that port before so what gives ? so I then delete that rule I tried to setup and  then its says there is still a conflict er hello I've just deleted the 1 you said conflicted.
Please can someone recommend a router that will work with plusnet TV that behaves normally with port forwarding rules and I can remain sane with. I see there are various routers that people are struggling with and are speaking with the routers manufacturer for temp firmware's etc. and are having success with. Its just so hard when there are so many on the market.
I hopefully want one that is totally ok with plusnet tv and has a good solid firmware with a comprehensive settings web gui  and dual band wifi
Many thanks hopefully
Dave
15 REPLIES
Mal08
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: HELP ! Recommend me a router that works with Plusnet TV, Im giving in

I can't help I'm afraid Dave.
But this is such a frequently asked question - can we have a sticky thread where people recommend a more advanced router Huh?
Den1
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

TP- Link  TD-W9980  works out of the box, using it myself on Plusnet TV  Wink 
djwhittaker1970

Quote from: Mal08
I can't help I'm afraid Dave.
But this is such a frequently asked question - can we have a sticky thread where people recommend a more advanced router Huh?

That's sounds like a great idea who sorts out whether a sticky can be created?
List needed with details of how to make it work or if it works out of the box.
Cheers
djwhittaker1970

Quote from: Den1
TP- Link  TD-W9980  works out of the box, using it myself on Plusnet TV   Wink   

Thanks for your reply I will have a look at that one. I was considering theTP-LINK Archer VR200 AC750 I'm sure someone said that worked out of the box.
I definitely think a list should start to be formed and given a sticky at the top.
Cheers
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

There's a discussion on BT forums, might be worth a read through if you have the time: https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-Boxes/Known-Routers-to-Work-with-Multicast-IGMP/td-p/994338/high...
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

I have been using the TP-link on PN TV since it was released.
I was the one that got TP to fix the f/w to allow it to work with PN TV. ;-}
The HH5 (which is what the one router is) also works but you will not want that.
djwhittaker1970

Hi there thats great and thanks for not giving in and making them do something about it, I've pulled the trigger on TP-LINK Archer VR200 AC750 lets see how it performs.
It was the ability to not do remote access easily and the terrible front end with really weird behavior when doing port forwarding not one bit consistent with port conflicts when no port forward rules were setup.
Why is nothing ever easy haha
cheers
dick:quote
poppy123
Dabbler

The vr900 as I said in a pm to you works okay. I use tplink homeplugs TP-LINK TL-WPA4220T KIT AV500 Powerline 300M. No set up on the router was needded I use firmware  0.9.1 1.2 v004c.0 Build 150825 Rel.56905n which tplink sent me it was beta. I didnt need to setup iptv at all
PembsPanther
Grafter

issues are you having with the Hub One? By all accounts it is supposed to be a great router, would be interested to hear what issues you have had with it.
djwhittaker1970

Hi,  if you look at my 1st post on this thread it was mainly port forwarding that is causing me issues plus I needed more control over the router. Routers from ISP usually are quite restricted.
Cheers
biggles001
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Invested in the TP-Link 9980 yesterday,and am well pleased with the results.Simple to set up,didn't use the disk supplied,as it didn't work,and a great price at Currys/PC World,if they have it in stock.Bought mine from A****n,with nextday delivery,easy to return if I don't like it!!
djwhittaker1970

biggles001 that's great, I ended buying the TP-Link VR900 AC1900 because several other people have said that it works ok.
I've done everything people have said firmware updated and I'm not getting any Youview premium channels. I've reboot the router and reset the youview box and still have had no luck.
Stumped now!
jjc
Grafter

I have an ASUS N55U so it needs the OR modem but the VDSL version should work the same without the OR modem, I think it is the N68U
It works great with PN TV and the little port work I do all seems to work OK
John
gavininwales
Grafter

BT Home Hub 4 (and 5) work perfectly.  HH5's Wifi is s@@t compared to the HH4, but has the advantage of being a VDSL router.  You need to reset the router and change BT's default username and password to your PlusNet ones and hey presto Smiley
Thanks