Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good start so far

PeterLoftus
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Re: Good start so far

Word from the wise  Wink or at least the previously wronged  Huh
I have a TG582n and have full Plusnet TV including BT Sport working on it.  Cool
I was told by the agent who signed me up that they would send out a new router as part of the TV package but it has never arrived. But I've never found anything not working. I suspect that the agent was making it up as he went along  Grin
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

I was told I needed a new one as the TG582 wasn't compatible I have no idea what they are sending.
PeterLoftus
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Quote from: Mayfly
I was told I needed a new one as the TG582 wasn't compatible I have no idea what they are sending.

I was told exactly the same thing  Cheesy
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Mayfly
All Star

Just spoken to CS and again to the 582 isn't compatible and a new router was dispatched last Friday so will use it when/if it arrives.
I can't get to the router at the minute anyway because we are having new windows fitted so waiting another day or so the router isn't a problem.
Strat
Fixes: 540

I have a blend of different home-plugs and switches on my network, all working happily.
Usually just plug and go.

Customer and Forum Moderator. Windows 10 Firefox 94.0.2 (64-bit)

Mayfly
All Star

Thanks all for your help and replies, I received the new router at 1pm today it's a Sagemcom 2740N.
Will so if it all fits and works when they have finished the windows.
ricke17
Grafter

Keep us posted!
Fibre Broadband 80/20, Netgear D7000
Mayfly
All Star

All set and working - Yippee....

The only 2 observations I have are both to do with the BT extender. As stated above they only have one port and they are not wifi!!
My own fault for not checking better when I bought them but I am used to having multi port and wifi on the Devolos so I just didn't think about it.
On the plus side I have an extra 5 Mb on my download speed it's gone from 28 - 34mb/s and upload has gone 1Mb/s via the ethernet and extender which is how I always check the speed for my own use. Not sure if that is down to a better router, better extender or combination of both. The wifi is also stronger but I still need another port for my laptop so think I will dump the BT extender and buy another with mulit ports and wifi.
Does anyone have any recommendations for them?
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

I'm investigating the issue you've had with the PLA's. Are you ok to leave this one with me until tomorrow?
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Mayfly
All Star

Yes by all means - thanks Matty will be interested with the out come.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

We should have refunded you and sent out a returns bag. It was within the 14 day period. I can still do that if you like?
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Mayfly
All Star

It was within 24hrs of receiving them they weren't even unboxed as I pointed out at the time on the phone.
Of courseI have tried them out now being told I couldn't return them but I would like too as they not what I need.
Please send me a returns bag.
Thanks Matty.
Mayfly
All Star

Matty can you get me a returns bag sent out please. I did pm you on Friday and I used chat this morning but they just told me to contact CS who told me I couldn't send them back.