cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting PlusNet TV when minimum "expected" BB speed is too low?

KiwiPaul
Dabbler

Getting PlusNet TV when minimum "expected" BB speed is too low?

Can someone please advise.

I want to move my Plusnet TV to our other house (recently got married and now live in my wifes house), however when I tried to do it the guy on the phone said the minimum expected rate was below the minimum required for Plusnet TV and even though he tried to get it through he said the system wouldn't allow it..

Now I'd be OK with this if the BB speed really was too slow but I actually get around 25Mbs reliable BB speed which is plenty fast enough but because the "expected" rate is something like 14 to 20Mbs they say I can't get it.

How can I get around this?

Thanks,

Paul

3 REPLIES 3
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 45

Re: Getting PlusNet TV when minimum "expected" BB speed is too low?

Hi @KiwiPaul,

Thank you for getting in touch with us.

With regards to our Youview TV service, a minimum of 14mbps is needed alongside a few other criteria. I'm afraid if your minimum is below this we are unable to place the orders for a TV service as our system does not physically let us.

Thanks.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Maddy S
 Plusnet Help Team

Highlighted
KiwiPaul
Dabbler

Thanks for the reply Mads, 

This is very frustrating as like I say the actual connection speed is always around 25Mbs.

Is there anyway I can get the "Estimated" line speed raised to be more accurate as it really is a long way out to what I actually get.

I really don't want to lose the TV service. 

Could I just keep the service at the existing house but relocate the You view box to my wifes house or does the You View box need to be connected to the router at the registered property?

Regards,

Paul

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 37

Hi @KiwiPaul,

You could move the YouView box across to the other property and it could be used to watch Freeview, however I'm afraid that any channel packages that you may have subscribed to, wouldn't work unless you're connecting the YouView box up at the property the channel packs are provided to.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team