cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Future TV Plans and Secrecy

s1m0nh
Dabbler

Future TV Plans and Secrecy

Some of you may have noticed my topic from a couple of weeks ago National Geographic and Natgeo Wild - Watching Now which was deleted after a few minutes. A staff member explained the topic deletion being due to my not being supposed to see them. A glitch of some kind. I have no problem with that. What I'm wondering is; why are future plans/agreements such a secret at Plusnet? As I understand it, it took years between the Youview trial and the TV service now available. The company policy seems to be...
silence.
Why? Instead, why not create a bit of hype about what many consider to be a good service at a good price by letting us know what's on the horizon?
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

Re: Future TV Plans and Secrecy

no business would publish future plan or agreements until a public announcement is made.
why do you think plusnet would be any different?
can you imagine if plusnet said something about a channel coming in the future only for plans to change or agreements to fall thru and it not happen?
thegame2k0
Grafter

Quote from: chenks76
no business would publish future plan or agreements until a public announcement is made.
can you imagine if plusnet said something about a channel coming in the future only for plans to change or agreements to fall thru and it not happen?

Virgin media were a perfect example of this they shouted from the rooftops that Spike would launch on VM then bang the plans changed and Virgin media were left with egg on their face.
s1m0nh
Dabbler

Quote from: chenks76

That's not true. Apple have been feeding the media for months that they are releasing something big to shake up the industry. TVPlayer Plus is not yet released but they have generated a fair amount of interest with this (from their website):
You will soon be able to watch even more of the TV you love by subscribing to TVPlayer Plus, a new PayTV service. The comedies you crave, the films you adore and documentaries you won’t forget - plus plenty more just waiting to be discovered.
No contracts, low pricing and no hardware to install. This is TV on your terms.

Many companies start rumours, and speak with the media, to generate free publicity for their upcoming products before public announcements are made.
Community Veteran

its good sense to wait until contracts are signed off course, but there will still be a gap between signing the contract and releasing the product, BT I guess feel its not worth the publicity to pre announce as they scared of rivals reacting.
Mayfly
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

As of 5 minutes ago I received an email saying there a 5 new channels added to the entertainment package NG & NG Wild are 2 of them.
thegame2k0
Grafter

Quote from: Mayfly
As of 5 minutes ago I received an email saying there a 5 new channels added to the entertainment package NG & NG Wild are 2 of them.

GOLD
WATCH
ALIBI
are the other 3.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

Quote from: s1m0nh
That's not true. Apple have been feeding the media for months that they are releasing something big to shake up the industry.

apple never make any official comment though, they stay completely silent until they choose to launch.
that is totally different to what you wanting, which would be apple commenting on potential new products in an official manner - they NEVER do that.
ad47uk
Grafter

Quote from: Mayfly

Now that have got me interested, depending what is on Nat geo these days, still not sure about paying £50 at the start mind you and I am still not sure if I really want to stay with plusnet after my contract ends, still got 11 months to go on that.