cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freeview music IP channels (Kerrang, Magic) not working via plusnet router

richiebaby

Freeview music IP channels (Kerrang, Magic) not working via plusnet router

Hello,

This question is regarding receiving the addition freeview music channels on channel 18. The red button on the remote allows access to extra music channels such as Kerrang and I simply can't get this to reliably work.

I am a plusnet customer and have the Technicolor TG582n router. Firmware version: 10.2.2.B

I am finding that when I try to access these internet music channels that I am left sat at the wait message while it tries to connect. However, the connection is never made.

In an attempt to rule out problems with my equipment I connected the WiFi to my phone's 4G instead of the plusnet router and the music internet channels started to work immediately.

I used to be able to receive these internet channels but am not sure why this no longer works.

I have tried a different DSL modem/router, an ASUS DSLN55U and get the same results.

If anybody can help me to diagnose whether this is router config related or network related that would be great.

Also, can anybody tell me if these channels use 'multicast' which I have been reading up about on the forum but don't yet completely understand.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES
Pete11
Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Freeview music IP channels (Kerrang, Magic) not working via plusnet router

I am using Plusnet Hub1 router and can listen to these stations. I haven't configured anything router-wise. Could it be a firewall problem?

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 18

Hi @richiebaby,

Thank you for getting in contact regarding your query. Are you still having issues with these radio stations through your YouView service?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Ben Babinski
 Plusnet Help Team
stereohaven
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I don't even get the red button on channel 18!

Doesn't matter a great deal as it works through my TV but I just assumed it wasn't supported.