cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freeview interference from CH system

pb56

Freeview interference from CH system

Hi I am new to this forum but hope someone out there can help me with a problem that just won't go away.

I have had the Plusnet Freeview+ installed and apart from the odd broadband glitch have enjoyed reasonable viewing on apps likeNetflix and subscription channels. However on Freeview Channels we get picture breakup and loss for about 10 seconds and I have just twigged that this occurs when the CH system fires up. I have unplugged the aerial from the Freeview box and plugged it into the Sony TV and there is no signal interference when the heating system comes on. If I record a Freeview TV programme and play it back we get intereference showing during the time it was recorded but not when we fire up the CH system during playback. So the interference only occurs when we are using the TV aerial (loft installed) and the Freeview box.

We have a 45-50 Mps speed runing through a Technicolor Router and we use BT Powerline adapters for the ethernet connection between router and Freeview box.

Plusnet don't know the answer -can anyone help?  

4 REPLIES
SpendLessTime
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 82

Re: Freeview interference from CH system

Gel
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 14

If you are using wireless thermostat, that may be contributing factor. Freeview device may have inadequate EMI suppression. Can you borrow one and see if that fixes?
pb56

Hi thanks for the links- a few things to follow up there- aerial position and central heating pump and valves. Will check these tomorrow.

pb56

Hi thanks for reply. Freeview device- do you mean the set top box?