cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For those who already have a youview box ?

mwarby
Grafter

For those who already have a youview box ?

I already have a youview box that records(the latest BT branded Humax one), but not fibre yet(coming soon), can I use the existing box and simply pay the £5 per month ?
16 REPLIES
MattyC
Champion
Fixes: 46

Re: For those who already have a youview box ?

Unfortunately not, however you can receive the Z4 set top box for free if you don't want to be buying another.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
benfranklin
Grafter

This is a shame.
My ladyfriend is obsessed with The Walking Dead on Fox so I'm pretty sure she'd be happy for us to pay the extra fiver but since we already have the latest Humax hardware which is superior to either of Plusnet's offerings I really don't want another box.
Net result, -£5 a month to Plusnet.
mwarby
Grafter

Real shame, having paid for a unsubsidised box, I'm not keen on being locked in to a 18 month contract for tv (i left sky for youview to be contract free). Is this a technical reason, or a marketing one ?
Fixes: 101

Possibly a support one, they'll only want to support their own box and firmware I suspect..
Will Moderate For Thanks
mwarby
Grafter

Interestingly my youview box is now showing the plusnet channel on 901, and the isp configuration hanged from 84 to 85 (bt to plusnet ?)
dean197gmail
Dabbler

Yes It does work fine when using a BT Humax Box Plusnet TV has been cancelled based on feeling cheated by Plusnet
dean197gmail
Dabbler

If anyone wants to try using a non Plusnet branded Youview Box I'd be interested too find out which other Youview Boxes will work with Plusnet TV
mwarby
Grafter

Maybe plusnet could run a trial for BYOD on youview ?
Tibbie
Grafter

Quote from: dean197gmail
If anyone wants to try using a non Plusnet branded Youview Box I'd be interested too find out which other Youview Boxes will work with Plusnet TV

Not a first generation retail Humax box
The guide is populated but error IPC6023, but that is with a ASUS router, not received my Plusnet box yet so not sure on whether the router needs relpacing too, although some people on BT seem to have some success with an ASUS RT N66U
Community Veteran

I have nu56u and all is well.
I have set lan/switch control to the following:
Unknown unicast storm control Mbps : 20
Unknown Multicast storm control Mbps : 50
Multicast storm control Mbps : 50
Broadcast storm control Mbps : 20
Nat acceleration: Enabled

Lan iptv
Is profile not set
iptv port not set
Dc hp route  microsoft
Enable igmp : enabled
Enable Multicast igmp: disabled
udp: 0
Hope that helps.
dean197gmail
Dabbler

Has anyone tried a different Youview Box with the Plusnet TV Service? I've cancelled mine as a secondary Youview Box wasn't needed
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

If you use a non-Plusnet box you'll likely find that the internet channels (the channels in the 400 and 500 range) will stop working, as they are the channels provided via a subscription to us.  So if you do want the extra channels, you have to be signed up to our services.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
Tibbie
Grafter

Hello, can you clarify this please with any technical reasons (like retail boxes have different firmware)
So if I, (which I am) subscribing to the extra packages and have a Plusnet TV recordable box  and a Humax retail box, should the retail box be able to view channels 400 to 500.
if not will you investigate removing the reference to them on the epg of the retail box as the kids excitement will turn to dispair when the find out only one box can see the channels  ??  Cry
adie:quote
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

I believe you can use a retail Humax box (I just ordered PNTV and I now have it working on my old DTR-T1000 prior to the arrival of the Plusnet box, it did say that I could set up the internet channels but they'd only be active on one box at a time so when my new PN box arives I'll set that up and the internet channels will stop working on my old box. Handy to have 'spare' hardware though).
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.