cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eurosport on plusnet tv

Specialk2017

Eurosport on plusnet tv

Hi. Thinking of joining Plusnet tv but does anyone know if the Sky/Discovery thing is going to affect Eurosport on Plusnet? I have BT tv at the moment for the MotoGP but really want to get Eurosport for WSB and BSB. I dont want to commit if the plug is going to be pulled. Any help on this would be appreciated. Thanks.

7 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Eurosport on plusnet tv

Not 100% sure, but the dispute between Discovery and Sky has been well covered - here's just one article - <http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/heres-why-sky-tv-customers-are-about-lose-some-their-favourite-channels-160...>
DS
Pro
Fixes: 7

The current popup message using a Plusnet supplied Youview box states the following:

If you are a Sky or NOW TV customer we regret to inform you that from 1st February you may no longer be able to receive this programme or any of Discovery's channels, including Eurosport. For more information <phone and twitter details removed>.

So, firstly it only mentions Sky (NOW TV is owned by Sky), secondly it states 'may' and not 'will', thirdly I thought BT TV had Eurosport.

To add to the above post, at the time of posting, no it wouldn't affect you, though I'm not 100% sure this would be the case in the future.

jafreer
Rising Star

I can't believe how many channels are potentially dropping off the Sky platform (13 in total). What on earth is the subscription covering if not a good proportion of these channels. I am so glad I got rid of Sky in favour of YouView. I haven't missed Sky once but if I was still a subscriber, this news would be the nail in the coffin for my subscription.

Browni
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 31

Sky and Discovery have kissed and made up lol

link

I must have been really bad in a previous life. This is my 3rd ISP in a row that uses lithium.
Specialk2017

Well I'm pleased to hear that! Still won't be going back to Sky though.👎I'm thinking Plusnet is the best option for what I want at a very reasonable price.

jafreer
Rising Star

I agree. In fact, I could almost go without the Plusnet basic package (the lowest package is the one I have) and just get by with Freeview. More and more of the content I watch is on demand stuff these days (including Netflix). However the 5 per month package price worked out cheaper over the contract term than buying the YV+ box separately. So the extra channels are a bonus.

DS
Pro
Fixes: 7

amen to both of the replies above.

I just hope that the increased prices other ISP's are going to make, which tbh are to recover the money they're lashing out for sports rights, doesn't manifest itself on to the very reasonable cost the PNYV box is, if it does then I would start to consider a stand alone freeview+ box and possibly freesat.

(The Kodi box was a thought, though I'm not sure how long that will last as ISP's block the sites)