cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eurosport 1HD & 2HD broadcasting promos on a loop.

ws1
Hooked

Eurosport 1HD & 2HD broadcasting promos on a loop.

I subscribe to the HD Pack on Youview TV from Plusnet.

For the second time this week Eurosport 1HD & 2HD are broadcasting Eurosport promos on a loop.

This first occurred on Monday and lasted over 4 hours before normal programmes resumed.

In the meantime, as is the case this afternoon, the SD versions are broadcasting the programmes

as usual.

What is going on?

6 REPLIES 6
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 42

Re: Eurosport 1HD & 2HD broadcasting promos on a loop.

Hi @ws1, thanks for your post.

We're sorry to hear of this issue.

Is it possible that the shows on the SD channel were not available in HD? Do you know which events were being shown at the time?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Owen P
 Plusnet Help Team
ws1
Hooked

No, @OskarPapa - the same content/events (e.g cycling) have been broadcast in HD

at other times and you wouldn't expect a promo on the HD channel instead of SD coverage,

in any event.

I understand from social media that this has affected others, too, including a BT customer.

This appears to be technical failure specific to the HD channels. The promos appear to be emanating from

Eurosport rather than the sports programmes.

Please note that I've been discussing this with your colleague, Warwick, on Twitter  too.

Highlighted
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 42

Thanks for getting back to me @ws1.

I've raised the issue to our Products Team and now await their update, which I'd expect over the next day or so.

I do, however, need to give you the maximum timescale of up to 5 working days.

I've reassigned your Twitter conversation to myself so that we can keep everything in one place and will update you directly once I receive a response.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Owen P
 Plusnet Help Team
Cww45

Hi. I’m so glad I found your comments on Eurosport 1 and 2 HD showing a loop promotion and not the schedule output. I raised this with Plusnet but got nowhere. It’s still doing it on and off as you will know. I await any resolution to this as it’s very annoying.
I’ve had my set up for three months now and it’s been fine but not this week and only on Eurosport. All other HD channels are perfect. Fingers crossed.
ws1
Hooked

Unfortunately, there was no subsequent feedback on this from Plusnet.

The answer emerged from searching the BT community forum- a BT moderator (staff) followed

it up with their tv team, who raised it with Eurosport.

The issue was  subsequently fixed by Eurosport.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 53

Hi @ws1

My apologies that you never received a response on this one, but I'm pleased that his has been resolved via Eurosport.

Best wishes

Dave

Dave G
 Plusnet Help Team