Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error IPC6023

Mayfly
Pro
Fixes: 1

Error IPC6023

Keep getting this error but so far only on National Geographic and Nat Geo Wild.

I've done a speed test via the powerline adaptor I'm running and am getting between 27 & 35 Mbps on average so I can't see it's a speed issue.

Any ideas?

9 REPLIES
Daniel28012
Grafter

Re: Error IPC6023

Have you tried a soft reboot by holding the power button on the box for 8 seconds. The speed you have is more than enough for IP channels if the speed was the cause of the issue I would have thought it would do it on every IP channel. In your case speed is not the problem.
Mayfly
Pro

Thanks, No I can't see it's a speed issue. Will a soft reset lose any recordings?

Daniel28012
Grafter

No it won't your recordings will be fine.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 78

Definitely do try the soft reboot, that will probably resolve it. Otherwise is the set top box wired straight to the router or do you go via power line adapters? if so I'd try and rule those out. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Mayfly
Pro

PLA but I can't rule it out it's the other side of the house.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 508

Did a soft reboot help at all, and do you experience any problems via other devices using your broadband connection?

Failing that I think the next step would be to try a direct ethernet connection. 

Apologies for the inconvenience.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
Mayfly
Pro

Still having problem highlighted in this and some other threads this one in particular...

https://community.plus.net/t5/TV/Syncing-to-TV/td-p/1583005

All the reboot reprogramming carried out but I am still having problems with my PN TV channels, Nat Geo, Nat Geo Wild & Universal in particular breaking up. Checked my signal strength from the Belmont Transmitter and it is reported as good. They suggest speaking with my ISP. My internet speed is well above what is required. I am running via a PLA but there is no way round that unless I trail an ethernet cable across the dining room, the hall way, my lounge and into the room I use.

I got the volume sorted as per the instructions in the link but after a soft reboot of the remote there again is a large difference in the TV and YV box volume when I switch between them (only because sometimes I am recording 2 programmes and it tells me I can't watch a 3rd). 

Any thing else I can try?

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 31

Hi @Mayfly 

Sorry this seems to be ongoing. 

I'm afraid that as @Gandalf mentioned above, the next step would be to try an Ethernet connection. 

I wouldn't ask you to trail the lead across your room forever - just to test it and see how it goes. 

Are you able to try this at all? 

Thanks

MoR

Alisdair C
 Plusnet Help Team
Mayfly
Pro

All appears to be going well now after having the master socket moved. Fingers crossed.