Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Code YVM104 when watching Catchup TV Players

DaveCW
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Error Code YVM104 when watching Catchup TV Players

Just a niggling issue...

The last couple of nights around 02:00 02:30 while watching STV player the feed has frozen the error was YVM104. On both occasions i had to restart my Box. The same player worked fine from my Panasonic TV on WIFI. This also happened occasionally i f I used the the TV Guide and selected to watch a program via IPlayer (Freeview Plus).

I have had a play with the settings and change the Deep Sleep settings so that it does not Deep sleep ever, incase that was causing the issues.

My internet service appears ok if a little slower than it should be.

Any suggestions on what is causing this?

9 REPLIES 9
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 42

Re: Error Code YVM104 when watching Catchup TV Players

Hi @DaveCW, thanks for your post.

We're sorry to hear of you YouView woes.

YVM104 is YouViews generic 'low bandwidth' error, although with a restart fixing the issue I'm not sure that it is a bandwidth error.

After some searching I've found this link, which will take you to YouViews own 'Fix for YVM104' page.

Please let us know how you get on and don't hesitate to drop us another post if you need any further assistance.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Owen P
 Plusnet Help Team
DaveCW
Grafter

had a look at the link. Will give it a try when I am back off night shift next week.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 42

That's great @DaveCW.

Please let us know how you get on and if you need any further assistance, don't hesitate to drop us another post.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Owen P
 Plusnet Help Team
DaveCW
Grafter

Still getting issues around 2 am-2:30 am with internet drop out but only on the PNYV Box. I stay up v late the night before starting a run of night shifts to get my body clock ready, I did this Sunday night/Monday morning. i was watching Iplayer, the internet connection only on the PNYV Box dropped out twice. I have now put it back to smart mode and set the deep sleep to between 4 am & 5 am. I found that pulling the network cable and putting it back in re establishes connection. I know it is not a major issue but my wife also sometimes stays up and watches things on catch up and complains of the same issue getting me out of bed on one occasion to reset the box for her. My internet connection is fine for all other devices.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 52

Hi @DaveCW - sorry to hear that this is still occurring.

Could you confirm whether you're connecting your YouView Box to the router via Powerline Adaptors, or whether you're using a direct ethernet cable connection?

If PLA's - does the issue occur via a direct ethernet connection?

Best wishes

Dave

Dave G
 Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 52

Hi @DaveCW - Just to add to this, the line is testing with a potential issue on your phone line which seems to be being generated within your premises.

I'd strongly recommend detaching everything from your phone sockets and just having the router connected to the test socket (as shown here) if possible. 

Let us know how you get on.

Best wishes

Dave

Dave G
 Plusnet Help Team
DaveCW
Grafter

OK My main phone socket is in my hall so i user powerline adaptors to move the Internet feed to my PNYV box and to my Blueray player.

If I remove the face plate from my main socket the test socket is Phone line plug shaped not modem cable shaped. So do i need a line filter and how long would I need to leave this like this for. We don't use the landline much but we do have relatives that call us on it!

DS
Champion
Fixes: 22

last couple of nights around 02:00 02:30

Was it playing the content fine for some time before 2-2:30am? (eg. You watch it from midnight and 2hrs it drops)

On both occasions i had to restart my Box

Although I've been wrong many times, I'm not sure it is actually the box.

The same player worked fine from my Panasonic TV on WIFI

Based on what's been established due to a good question from Dave G, it does look like the PLA's might be the reason

This also happened occasionally i f I used the the TV Guide and selected to watch a program via IPlayer (Freeview Plus).

As catch up comes via the servers, it also points to either the box (doubtful), the PLA's (likely) or your Fibre speed is dipping (unlikely as all devices would be the same)

I have had a play with the settings and change the Deep Sleep settings so that it does not Deep sleep ever, incase that was causing the issues.

That won't help this issue imho

My internet service appears ok if a little slower than it should be.

When it goes again, try a speed tester to see if it has dropped

Surprised a PN employee didn't direct you to PN's own help pages - https://www.plus.net/help/tv/tv-error-codes/ and then select the error code their too Wink

Still getting issues around 2 am-2:30 am with internet drop out but only on the PNYV Box

As it's the same time, each time, could something else connected to the mains be switching on or off?

I found that pulling the network cable and putting it back in re establishes connection.

My gut feeling is doing that is actually kicking the PLA's back to life....?

I know it is not a major issue but my wife .... complains

Oh, believe me, I know exactly where you're coming from!!

My internet connection is fine for all other devices.

It really is starting to look like the PLA's are doing this - there's too much going against them.

the line is testing with a potential issue on your phone line which seems to be being generated within your premises.

This also kinda brings the is there something in the house, plugged into the mains that's causing this

Maybe PN could clarify (a snip from a GEA test perhaps) to see if they also see 02:00-02:30?

OK My main phone socket is in my hall so i user powerline adaptors

Next time it drops, quickly check the PLA's lights - https://www.plus.net/help/tv/equipment/powerline-adapter-problems/

(and follow the light(s) using the link.

If I remove the face plate from my main socket the test socket is Phone line plug shaped not modem cable shaped. So do i need a line filter

If you're using the PNH1, you'd have been provided with at least one microfilter (well I did anyway). Use that filter (or one from a neighbour perhaps) and use that in the test point

how long would I need to leave this like this for.

If it's not in the way, or likely to be pulled out / tripped over, I'd try at least 3 days and see if it still drops at the same time. The filter has a slot for the router and the phone so you can continue to receive calls Wink

(phew!)

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 51

@DaveCW 

So do i need a line filter and how long would I need to leave this like this for. We don't use the landline much but we do have relatives that call us on it!

You'd need to use a Microfilter when plugged into your test Socket. This will allow both the WLR3 and DSL connections to function whilst being connected to the physical premise DP of your line. 

I'd suggest leaving it in there for long enough to ascertain if the issue is replicated whilst set up in this way. 

Thanks, 

MoR

MoR
 Plusnet Help Team