cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Code IPC6011. Can't watch any Internet Channels

juanfran
Hooked

Error Code IPC6011. Can't watch any Internet Channels

Last 2 weeks BT sport and other internet type channels have been blocky and break up and now they just won't work at all. I get IPC 6011 error code. 

On demand works fine but internet channels are a no go which I'm not happy about as I pay for them. Tried phoning plusnet but there was a 45 min wait. 

Have tried rebooting ting router and power line adapters but no joy.

Please help!

Jonny

13 REPLIES
caravanj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Error Code IPC6011. Can't watch any Internet Channels

Have you tried retuning the YV box?

juanfran
Hooked

I've done that 3 times now. It starts off being blocky and sound going off intermittently then just gets worse until there is no picture.

The TV signal quality for channel 408 (BT Sport 1) reads: Signal strength 0% and Signal quality 0%

caravanj
Aspiring Pro

It will show zeros, it's not coming through your aerial.

Have you got Picture Quality Alert for Internet Channels switched on?

I've just tried 408 & it's a perfect picture but I use an ethernet cable.

juanfran
Hooked

Ah ok. So I've turned the picture quality alert back on and now I'm getting error IPC 6023 which I think is slow broadband connection. Did a speed test and its running at 15mb download whereas usually 35mb. However I had the same problem the other night and the internet was running at full speed. 

The fact is that the internet tv quality has been deteriorating baldly over the last few weeks. It been fine for 12 months and now it's unusable/unwatchable. 

Id like plusnet to do something about it. Does their support not frequent these forums?

caravanj
Aspiring Pro

Anything over 3 Mbps should be ok according to YouView so 15 Mbps is more than enough.

Is your speed test through the power line adapter?

It's a bit of pot luck whether it gets seen by Plusnet Staff members.

juanfran
Hooked

No wifi. Not sure how I would test through my power line adapter as my MacBook doesn't have have an Ethernet port 

caravanj
Aspiring Pro

Could you connect your YV box to the router with an ethernet cable even if it meant using a short cable & moving the TV near to it just to do a quick test?

juanfran
Hooked

No I'd have to take my tv off the wall and my YV box upstairs to the router! No chance haha. Anyway I doubt it's the power line adapter as I can stream IPlayer in HD through the YV Box

caravanj
Aspiring Pro

Maybe not then Grin

On the YV forum one opinion was mulitcast buffering or drop out & mentioned powerline adapters.

I'd have expected more replies if it was a Plusnet based problem.

juanfran
Hooked

So do you think it could be a BT TV problem? None of my internet channels work at all. None! 

caravanj
Aspiring Pro

If it was a problem with the service I'd have expected a lot of comments all quoting the same symptoms & fault code.

That's why I think Plusnet would probably ask you to check it with an ethernet cable.

This link covers the same problem from last year & it only seemed to be the  OP who was having a problem.

Trouble is they never came back to say what the outcome was.

https://community.plus.net/t5/TV/Error-Code-IPC6023/td-p/1261059

caravanj
Aspiring Pro

This link to YouView which confirms it's due to slow broadband speed may help.

But that points to it being a problem specific to you.

https://support.youview.com/youview-box/error-messages/fix-for-ipc6023

MrSilver
Pro
Fixes: 9

For the IPTV channels they come over a multicast connection that does not go through Plusnets network but out to BTs TV network. So as long as your line sync speed is good with low error rates (i.e a normal connection) then that shouldnt be impacted even if Plusnet have network slowdown of their own (as seen by the speedtest). 

The only Plusnet bit you would use would be for retransmissions if you missed multicast packets.

So Iplayer and National Geographic effective come down different pipes.

Some power line adapters have signal quality indicators on them in one house i lived in they were useless and couldnt get a good speed and other house they gave full on signal, so does depend on the in home wiring. Also power line adapters can be very susceptible the things like Christmas tree lights, as all the copper wiring all goes back to your main fuse board and can interfere at different times (same with microwaves).

If youre yourview box error means slow broadband but you can run a broadband speedtest that shows at the router via wifi its not slow then it would point towards that connection from router to TV :-(