cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End of Plusnet TV

JAK92
Rising Star

Re: End of Plusnet TV

They just seem to be burying their head in the sand pretended it's not happening. As there's been zero response to what happens to current channels, what will replace it if anything, will we all be paying for basic freeview if channels are all removed. So alot of questions not many answers not great really
mrmitch85
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Gandalf
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 1,181

@JAK92 wrote:

But again I don't understand why no staff member has clarified this situation and fobbed a lot of customers off by claiming for weeks there's been 'technical issue' when customers want to order but can't! 

As @dvorak has pointed out, I'm afraid that the technical issue with adding YouView onto accounts is still ongoing and as far as I'm aware this is not related to our decision with removing the service from sale. 

I've posted Here yesterday afternoon regarding this.

@JAK92 wrote:

What happens to current contract with current channels on those packages are they staying are they going? If these channels get taken off around this date and nothing gets put as a replacement surely it's ridiculous to charge people monthly fees for basic freeview? So what's the plans from Plusnet? 

There will be no changes to those who already have a YouView service from us.

We'll be sure to let you know through the more official means though if that changes.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
JAK92
Rising Star

Spoke to Plusnet on Twitter and they've confirmed as per that article that TV is scrapped totally. Shame as I've quite enjoyed been with Plusnet but I like having a TV package so looks like I'll be off when the broadband and TV is up! 

Gandalf
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@JAK92 For clarification if you've got YouView then we'll continue to provide but you won't be able to recontract you once your minimum term comes to an end (assuming you are within a contract at the moment)

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
mrmitch85
Rising Star

@Gandalf thank you for the clarification.

So I take it, then, that there are no plans to adopt a BT style approach with the NOW TV via YouView setup?
JAK92
Rising Star

Yeah still got a few months left but like I say because we like to include a TV package alongside broadband and phone which means when our contract is up we'll be looking elsewhere i.e. BT, Sky or Virgin! 

Gandalf
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@mrmitch85 wrote:
@Gandalf thank you for the clarification. 
So I take it, then, that there are no plans to adopt a BT style approach with the NOW TV via YouView setup?

Not as far as I'm aware although things may change. 

As before I'm sure we'll let everybody know if there are changes such as this to our products and services.

Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
PowerLee
Pro
Fixes: 2

Looks ill be becoming an ex Plusnet customer once my contract is up then.

The loss of the extra YouView channels means I'll take my £ elsewhere.

PaulScott
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 2

Hi all,

Just to give the official stance on this. As a value provider, we’re all about giving customers simple, reliable broadband with great customer service.  We are simplifying our product range and from 19th January we will no longer offer YouView TV. Existing customers can continue to watch their YouView TV package and still be able to enjoy great content as part of the BT Sport App.

JAK92
Rising Star

A real shame but I'll be off once the contracts up as I like to have TV package too so it'll be back to Sky or join BT or finally in my road Virgin soon. Shame they can't buy out the remainder of contracts as it's delaying the inevitable of me leaving to be fair! 

DaveCW
Rising Star

Virgin is not likely to ever be an option here, really sad that there is only going to be a choice of 2 for most of us. Sky or BT and that is no choice at all. Both have the same issues, they are way to expensive and keep ramping up the costs without warning.

Tig170
Hooked

Well it looks like we’ve been well and truly stiched-up here - I’ve been trying to re-enable my lite package in recent weeks, only to be told to call back due to a technical issue (due to speed check issue on lines), now I’ve been told to call back after 2nd Feb (something to do with billing cycle)- it all sounds very underhand to myself

mrmitch85
Rising Star

So it has started already. I have just received the following email from Plusnet:

--------

Hope you’re enjoying the great entertainment on YouView. We just need to let you know about changes to some of the channels you can access through your channel packs on YouView.
What’s changing?
After 28th February the below channels will be removed from your channel pack(s).
• VICE
• Crime and Investigation
• Sky History
• Sky History 2
• Lifetime
• SyFy*
• E!*
*These channels will be removed after 31st March.
Please note that for the above channels with an HD equivalent, these will also be removed for those customers who have our HD channel pack.
What do I need to do?
The changes will happen automatically. If this change means you want to end your TV service, you can do so in the next 30 days without having to pay a fee for leaving early.
If you want to leave your TV service or you have any questions or want to discuss your options, please call us on 0800 432 0200 and select option 1 for broadband and home phone, followed by option 1 for customer service.
If you want to review your current channel packs you can do this in My Account.
Thanks,
The Plusnet Team.

---------

I'd imagine this is just going to keep on happening? Not sure yet whether I'll just pull out.... But it doesn't really represent good value for money anymore.

A question for anyone on here working at Plusnet. Do I still get to keep my YouView box if I cancel and use it for recording Freeview channels?
JAK92
Rising Star

So much for everything staying the same then til contracts up.

I get it but it's shocking that they've not been transparent I'm hoping they allow us to leave altogether including broadband package!