cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End of Plusnet TV

legendkiller2k

Re: End of Plusnet TV

You can cancel without penalty regardless of what Plusnet say due to it being a significant number of channels being removed, ofcom rules clearly state this.

If it'd been one or two channels being removed then we wouldn't be able to cancel but 7 is quite a few so therefore you can cancel tv without penalty regardless of contract, however plusnet are not obliged to let you cancel any other services aka bt sport app, broadband, mobile, phone.

Tig170

For some of us we only ever watch a small bit of BT Sport - so for £5/month its nice to see a little bit of football - however I've just moved over to PN from BT, so although I don't need anyhardware, I have a screen with error code (BTP-15001) - which since christmas I've been trying to enable, but PN have kept saying call back at your next billing cycle

Gandalf
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 985

@Tig170 I'm afraid what you've asked of us isn't a service we offer. If you want BT Sport from us you'll need to buy it either in app form or as part of a Sky subscription. There's more details > https://www.plus.net/bt-sport/

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
mcairns2
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Hi, has anyone been able to get through to Plusnet to ask if the TV service can be removed without penalty? I did try calling but eventually gave up holding on the line.

My email informing me about the removal of channels didn't say I could cancel TV without a penalty although some other customers did get offered to cancel without penalty so perhaps it depends what TV services you subscribe to?

I've got the basic £5 Youview from Plusnet service and I have 13 months left on my contract.

My Services - Plusnet Fibre Extra
mcairns2
Grafter

Update. 

I got through to Plusnet and they have now cancelled my TV service with no early cancellation charges, they also said I can keep the Youview Box.

I really quite enjoyed having Plusnet TV, it's a shame it is seemingly being wound down 😥

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

My Services - Plusnet Fibre Extra
mrmitch85
Grafter

Yeah, I've just managed to get through to somebody and had the TV service taken off my account, and I can retain the YouView box to just work as a Freeview box.

Bit of a shame to have to cancel, but it's not really the value for money it originally was, and I can imagine it's only going to get worse.
Pete_uk
Dabbler

I only really use YouView for BT Sport and sometimes Eurosport. Will YouView be shut down completely at some point soon and what would be the cost of an alternative?
Jaggies
Community Veteran

They do a monthly pass for £25 - bit expensive if you ask me...
https://www.bt.com/sport/monthly-pass

dvorak
Fixes: 1,136

But it's £15 if you're a PN customer https://www.plus.net/bt-sport/
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Jaggies
Community Veteran

Sure, but if PN shut down YouView, will that also mean the end of BT Sport on the platform?
dvorak
Fixes: 1,136

YouView, probably but you can use it on plenty of other platforms.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'