cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Draytek router setting for Youview (plusnet)

octian

Draytek router setting for Youview (plusnet)

Does anyone know the correct settings for the Draytek 2820 router to use Plusnet Youview ?  Tech support will only support their own routers.  They sent me a new plusnet router but that blocks other services running from home (CCTV and alarm system).  The CCTV/alarm work fine through the Draytek but not the Plusnet.  The coverage of the Draytek WiFi is also better than the Plusnet router.  Youview works fine with their router.
I have looked on other forums and found the settings for Talktalk and BT TV services and have altered setting like 'open ports' and IGMP settings - but the internet channels do not work.
5 REPLIES
Den1
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Draytek router setting for Youview (plusnet)

I suppose this router does support multicast, no mention of it in the specs  ??   
octian

Good question but other users have been able to get Talktalk and BT Youview services working with the 2820. It's a fairly old unit but business grade. I was also told the CCTV needed multicast, and that is working well.
Fixes: 101

i'm not sure if you can have multiple muticasts running, have you tried disabling / disconnecting the CCTV and trying the TV?
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran
Fixes: 39

octian

OK managed to get Youview working OK by doing a firmware upgrade on the router.  It started working immediatly.  I haven't resolved the CCTV yet - I will contact their tech support for help.  Thanks for your suggestions guys.