cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Draytek Vigor 2862 IPTV

thehappychappie
Dabbler

Draytek Vigor 2862 IPTV

I hope someone can help with this query!

I recently bought a Draytek Vigor 2862 router as a replacement for a TP-Link router to use with my Plusnet FTTC VSDL connection.

I really wanted to have a router that support VLANs in order to help segregate the traffic on my home network (my house is pretty much the poster-child for the Internet-of-Things!)

The router itself is behaving itself perfectly with normal internet traffic, but is struggling with Plusnet/YouView internet TV stations (such as W and Alibi etc.)

I have enabled IGMP proxy and IGMP snooping but still no joy.  

The symptoms are quite weird though - all internet stations appears to work for approximately 4.5 minutes before cutting out and I get the Youview IPC error for 'packet loss'.  Then you can wait a while, and they will work for a further 4.5 minutes and cut out again.

Has anyone else experienced this and knows how to work around it?

I'm reluctant to give up on Draytek as I think it's a brilliant piece of kit, but this rather stops the family watching IPTV stations and therefore means I'm spending money on something that doesn't work.

I'm sure there is a simple and easy explanation!

[For reference, this morning factory reset the router and installed the lastest firmware.  I enabled nothing more than the VSDL connectivity to Plusnet, wireless SSIDs for my laptop, and IGMP for the IPTV stuff.  And it still kicked out after 4.5 minutes.]

Any help would be very much appreciated before I tear out what is left of my hair!  lol

Thanks! 

2 REPLIES 2
shamus
Grafter

Re: Draytek Vigor 2862 IPTV

You might find this useful - http://www.forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=23409&p=95847&hilit=igmp#p95847

The poster above is using a 2762AC, but the very short description appears to match what you are seeing. Sounds like a job for Draytek support to look at.

thehappychappie
Dabbler

Re: Draytek Vigor 2862 IPTV

Thanks - that's quite a good find.

I also have potentially found how to solve the issue on later firmwares.  I came across this article whilst trying to fix a problem between Amazon Echo devices and my Logitech Harmony.

https://www.mysysadmintips.com/other/web/732-logitech-harmony-hub-and-amazon-alexa-integration-issue...

It recommended adjusting the values of portmaptime in the CLI settings.

Not only did it fix the Echo/Harmony issue but appears to have fixed the problem with IPTV as well.

It's still early days, but so far so good!