cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you keep the Youview+ box when you leave Plusnet ?

BlackPearl

Do you keep the Youview+ box when you leave Plusnet ?

If I switch ISP away from Plusnet (to say Sky) do I retain the Youview+ box and will the basic Freeview

channels continue to operate (along with the PVR recording function and catchup apps) ?

What about future software updates ?

I know the additional multicast channel packs would stop working.

I guess I do own the box as Plusnet do not appear to provide any free replacement etc after the first 12 months

which if it was leased they would need to.

Just interested in order that I can cover all requirements should I leave Plusnet.

3 REPLIES
biggles001
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Do you keep the Youview+ box when you leave Plusnet ?

Looking at the BT site,it appears that if you are out of contract,the box is yours to keep,as is the case with Talktalk.When I migrated from TT to PN,I received two letters,saying that they would recycle my router,but no mention of the TT box.As it was I had two boxes,and still use the later one,and it works fine as a retail box would.

BlackPearl
Grafter

Thanks for that response and after calling CS I was also told the box is yours to keep.

This makes sense as Plusnet do not normally repair/replace a box that fails after the 12 month warranty period,

which I guess they would need to if they owned it and it was in effect leased for access to the service.

It's also good to know that it should continue to function as a standard unit on another ISP connection.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 18

Hi @BlackPearl,

Yeah just as @biggles001 and our customer services department have advised the box is yours to keep if you we're to move to another ISP. It should still work as standard for you but the only thing you wouldn't be able to access are any channels that you have apart of a package.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Ben Babinski
 Plusnet Help Team