cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract ending

roy0147

Contract ending

I have a contract with fibre broadband, anytime phone and Plusnet TV due to end in September. I am told the TV part will not be renewed. I use my YouView+ box for recording programmes and access to BT Sport for rugby, speedway etc which cost £5 + £10 per month. Other channels are via. Freeview I think. My TV is a smart LG. I do have a dish available from a Sky contract I used to use.

Can I still use my YouView box after September?

How can I get BT Sport at a reasonable cost?

I am not very good technically so any help would be useful please.

6 REPLIES 6
BD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 79

Re: Contract ending

Hi @roy0147,thanks for getting in touch.
If you're coming to the end of your contract then I'd advise giving our Customer Options Team a call who can assist you with the re-contracting of your account and services. As we are in the process of stopping our Youview product I wouldn't think this is renewed in the contract however the services could very well still be accessible up until the product is fully stopped. The BT Sports over Youview is something which can be added and removed at any point so this should just continue for as long as you have access to the Youview. Should this come to a stop then we do still have BT Sport access either via Sky or via the BT Sports app (£15 p/m) that we look to offer which could replace this.

Our Customer Options Team can be reached directly on 0800 013 2632 and they are open between the following hours:

Monday - Friday: 08:00 - 20:00
Saturday: 09:00 - 19:00
Sunday: 09:00 - 18:00

Ben Devine
 Plusnet Help Team - Sheffield
cletakent

Thanks for the thorough explanations, I appreciate it.

C1Rider
Grafter

My contract too is ending although the conditions seem a little odd.

I have been advised by E_Mail that I will no longer be charged for my You View channels.  In the same E_Mail I have been advised to check my contract; on checking my contract I see that my BT Sport portion will increase by 50% while I am still within my contract time.

So, my payment for You View stops in November and is added to my BT sport payment at the same time.

Pay or get out !

Not a happy camper !

dvorak
Fixes: 1,300

Why not ring up and see what deal can be done for BT sport access?
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
C1Rider
Grafter

May be a sensible suggestion but why should I ? 

I was told that I could continue until the end of my contract; this is the second time Plusnet have moved the goalposts, who's to say that they won't make further changes before the end of my contract ?

If they were really interested in keeping my custom ( and others for that matter ) there are better ways of doing it rather than relying on me to check a link from an E_Mail to see that I am going to be charged 50% more for a service.  What's wrong with including in the E_Mail that there will be an increase ?   The " good, honest " part has disappeared, all that's left is the " broadband ".

Rant over..

C1Rider
Grafter

RTFM !

Having viewed my most recent bill and looked more closely at the info ( links ) available from the " TV ending " E_Mail if I have read correctly my BTSport subscription will continue to the end of my contract and will only be increased in March 2022.

I do not have the app and the increased price would only happen if I subscribed to the app.

One part of the bill I do not like is the line subscription at £21.22 when BT apparently now value line subscription at £5.00.

You can't win !

Regards..