Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Come on PN - more channels please

ricke17
Grafter

Come on PN - more channels please

Hello,
So I have had pn IPTV since it was rolled out to existing subscribers. 
But news that BT Youview subscribers have had more channels added today (http://www.a516digital.com/2015/07/extra-uktv-channels-added-to-bt-youview.html) has got me wondering when we can see more IPTV channels added especially to match what BT have. 
So come on pn!!
Fibre Broadband 80/20, Netgear D7000
16 REPLIES
MattyC
Champion
Fixes: 46

Re: Come on PN - more channels please

I can't really say much other than watch this space. Hopefully we have something in the works for you.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
ricke17
Grafter

A mysterious answer - but it sounds like all is gonna be good.....
Cheers :-)
thegame2k0
Grafter

More channels would probably tempt me to stay with pn especially bt sport on plusnet tv for a reasonable price.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

doubt it'll be any channels that anyone would want though.
looking at the channels BT just added, they are the UKTV channels that would have very low viewing figures.
ricke17
Grafter

The thing is you cannot please everyone
thegame2k0
Grafter

I think plusnet could do with some kind of box office service too where you can rent the latest movies all other providers have this.
Community Veteran

Quote from: ricke17
The thing is you cannot please everyone

true, but the channels it needs are the channels it will never get - Sky One, Sky Atlantic, Sky Living.
this means that if do you want those channels then you need a multi-box solution (and who really wants that) or sticking with Sky.
Quote from: thegame2k0
I think plusnet could do with some kind of box office service too where you can rent the latest movies all other providers have this.

why would plusnet want to compete with mature services that are already out there? Virgin don't even do that any more do they?
the youview box (or whatever box a supplier uses) simply needs to give access to those existing service (netflix, amazon prime etc).
thegame2k0
Grafter

Yes virgin media still have a movie rental service, plusnet are the only pay tv provider without one.
Community Veteran

isn't Virgins service provided by someone else though? Filmflex with Virgin Movies branding.
so in reality, just providing access to Netflix would achieve the same thing with zero risk/cost to PN.
thegame2k0
Grafter

Yes but virgin also have netflix on their box, netflix and ppv are completely different, if you want to watch the latest movies you can't do that on Netflix (some can be found on other netflix regions using a vpn) what i'm saying is plusnet need a similar option to bt, vm,sky,tt ppv offerins. Even if plusnet got someone like blinkbox or filmflex to power the service it would be great.
s1m0nh
Dabbler

Youview has the Sky Store. If you really want to pay for extra stuff you could just use that, couldn't you? I'd prefer to see more channels such as Gold, Nat Geo Wild, Watch etc. rather than any more PPV stores.
dick:quote
thegame2k0
Grafter

Good point i forgot about skystore i am now hanging my head in embarrasment  Embarrassed
The nat geo and uktv channels would be superb additions along with TCM.
PowerLee
Rising Star

Please can we have the GOLD tv channel?
Just had a letter from Virgin media informing me of a price rise from September of £3 a month on my tv XL package so I can have some poxy BT sports channels I don't want or watch  Roll eyes
If Plusnet had the GOLD channel on the tv package SWMBO would be happy, you would get more money out of me every month as a tv customer & I would be on the phone to Virgin media to collect there Tivo box ASAP.
pbsp
Dabbler

Quote from: thegame2k0
The nat geo and uktv channels would be superb additions along with TCM.

Seconding Nat Geo, I watch that a lot and its absence is the main thing stopping me from signing up.