cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Channels being removed so I want to cancel all PlusnetTV from my current Fibre contract.

TxRxFx
Dabbler

Channels being removed so I want to cancel all PlusnetTV from my current Fibre contract.

So here's the thing, I'm in contract till late 22 for my fibre and this plusnet TV.

With the main viewer in our household losing some of the key channels I want to cancel Plusnet TV as I'm not wanting to throw £11 per month (entertainment, HD package along with subscription) at something we no longer enjoy nor use.

Can we get some clarification on the FULL future of Plusnet TV and the packages, not keen on NowTV or an additional bumped up package pack...

3 REPLIES 3
AWB70
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Re: Channels being removed so I want to cancel all PlusnetTV from my current Fibre contract.

I'm in same boat, not sure if you cancel this early in my contract. What don't you like about Nowtv out of curiosity? Looking at it you can get the majority of channels back that PN have ditched except the BT sport stuff but gain the box sets. My understanding is that all shows on the entertainment package are in 720p on the standard £9.99 pass which is a slight improvement on PN's offering without an HD upgrade. Or if you want the 1080p 5.1 boost stuff it's another £3 more which gets you back to nearly what you are paying now.

It's still going to work as part of the youview box through the app, Downside is no pausing of live TV on the sky channels which isn't really a deal breaker for me as I catchup most things so can still pause that.

Plus side is you can have it on 3 devices so effectively non contract HD Sky channels you've lost with Multiroom for £1 more than you're paying now. I don't think that's too unreasonable considering you can cancel with a months notice.

The other alternative for me would be go Sky all the way but although they're currently punting SkyQ with Netflix for £25 PM realistically to get my current Netflix arrangement  of multiple devices and HD I would have to have another HD addon so is more like £32 per month and in contract for 18months.

I think nowtv is the happy medium between what we have now and being a slave to Sky again.

TxRxFx
Dabbler

Re: Channels being removed so I want to cancel all PlusnetTV from my current Fibre contract.

Thanks for your reply. Our previous experience of NowTV (couple of years ago) was lacking, the 720p (at best), bad audio mux on some movies and lack of 5.1 really jarred for me on our reasonable entry level 5.1 setup and LG smartTV when compared to Netflix and Prime (on the smart TV).

After having a look on NowTV's site noticed they were offering free trials so dived in on Cinema, Entertainment and the HD boost. After the trial per month that's £12, £9, and £3 respectively, that's quite a cost but to be honest we're making more use of it than I thought we would.

Picture and sound is far better now and content wise it's also progressed somewhat, especially in showing series like 'Your Honour' quite soon as they air in US.

Can see me removing all the TV packs from Plusnet (and seeing if I can cancel Plusnet TV whilst maintaining my calls and fibre etc) and using the savings there toward maintaining NowTV without having to return to the dish, which I'm glad to still be free from after number of years with em.

Thanks for offering alternate POV on this. Will be calling nice folks at Plusnet about my options tomorrow.

Cheers

AWB70
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

No worries, I cancelled my PNTV subscription and tried the free trial with nowtv. I have no issues with PN broadband or the way their staff dealt with it so will be staying on for broadband.  I'm not a huge media consumer so the basic service @£9.99 is enough for me, I could probably get by just with catchup players and Netflix but for just over a quid per week it's worth keeping.

I do miss the youtv box though and often find myself going back to it but I'll probably disconnect it at some point just to save electric. luckily I have a Sony Bravia TV which is quite good for its youview menu. The TV is actually a smoother menu than the box and I don't get any dropouts of internet like I do on the box through homeplug adapters. (it is the box not the nowtv app because the broadband connection on the box is lost for a few seconds)

Bit of a rock and a hard place, the youview on the box is better than the TV but the TV is better for the Nowtv app! Plus I've been caught with this before where the TV stops supporting certain apps. I'm guessing the box will be updated for longer.

Not even sure what youview's business model really is! If they had a box that connected over wifi and allowed netflix/nowtc watch lists tp be shown as quick links in the "Mytv" menu like iplayer etc does they would be on to something big.I even went to their website to see if I could buy one and you can't even get a youview box from them or any of their partners, makes no sense to me.