Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing to sky Q from sky + I have a BT sport question

steedie1
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Changing to sky Q from sky + I have a BT sport question

I have a quick question please.

We have sky HD box and have just upgraded to sky Q, we also have BT sport via PlusNet and through the sky platform.

My question is will my BT sport continue as currently via PlusNet, only some paperwork via sky seems to suggest I have to cancel BT sport when I upgrade to them, only I am quite happy with the way things are.

Thank you 

5 REPLIES 5
Thrall
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 19

Re: Changing to sky Q from sky + I have a BT sport question

If you’re using the same viewing card it should just work seamlessly but if you’ve got a new card you’d need to get it re-registered on the BT Sport systems Plusnet use 

steedie1
Grafter

Brill, thank you, sky seemed to suggest that I cancel any third party set ups with BT Sport as I would be charged twice, sort of threw me as I am happy with the set up I have.

Thrall
Seasoned Pro

Are Sky offering BT Sport directly with them? If they are then they’d likely charge you for that service and Plusnet would be too through the ‘BT Sport over Sky’. In that case it may be worth cancelling one.

If Sky aren’t offering you BT Sport / you aren’t paying Sky for that service, it’s unlikely you’ll be charged twice as I imagine it doesn’t make much of a difference from Plusnet’s end which Sky box you put your viewing card in, it should just work. 

steedie1
Grafter

Yes, the original email from sky indicated that they have BT sport and therefore I needed to cancel any third party one, but a second email has arrived that indicates as we will have a new sky card we need to contact any third party companies to sort out any programmes through them , so as you say will contact PlusNet once we have the sky card and the box set up.

thank you 

Thrall
Seasoned Pro

The second email they’ve sent sounds contradictory to the first. Personally I’d call Sky to clarify if they’ll be providing BT Sport and billing you for the service directly