cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change sort order of recordings

TVJohn

Change sort order of recordings

So we've received the 'shiny' new update to our YouView box and in at least one respect it is infinitely worse than the old version. If I've recorded a series of episodes it orders them newest first. This is so utterly moronic I can't begin to think who's stupid idea it was - who watches a series from the end to the beginning. If I want to watch the first I have to scroll through them all until I get to the first one - at least the old version displayed in pages and allowed you to jump directly to the oldest page. Then to make it even worse when you finish watching an episode and close it you get taken directly to the newest episode and have to repeat the process all over again. PLEASE tell me there's some way to change this awful behaviour.

John

3 REPLIES
deadeyedjacks

Re: Change sort order of recordings

Plus where did the ability to filter watched vs. unwatched go ? 

Agree that the sort order should be configurable.  Oldest / Newest/ A-Z, etc.

Can't hide channels you aren't subscribed too / never watch.

Can't change the default list of channels which appears when you press YouView button.

And on and on...

Feels like this UI update was pushed out without all functionality finished !

jafreer
Rising Star

It's a terrible update with regards to managing the recordings. It is such basic stuff that they haven't addressed. It makes you wonder who tests these firmware updates before they are released. It clearly can't be regular users.

TVJohn

Yes, indeed. I think we all need to complain very vociferously on every forum we can. Whoever was responsible for this total dog's dinner should be locked in a room with a YouView box loaded with all 13,600+ episodes of General Hospital and told they have to watch them in the correct order until they've got it right.