Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot watch BT Sports

albert
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Cannot watch BT Sports

I used to watch football on BT Sports through the website. (I have a subscription, which is now costing four times what it did originally.) But I find it impossible to watch now. The picture is either foggy or buffering - It plays for a few seconds and then freezes, although the sound carries on. I've tried on Chrome, Firefox, MS and Firefox incognito, I've tried with and without Ad blocker. But it makes no difference. I don't think it's a connection problem as I can watch it on my tablet. Please could someone help?

4 REPLIES 4
Jaggies
Community Veteran

Re: Cannot watch BT Sports

What version of Windows (assumption!) are you on? I have a BT Sport app running on Windows 10 (from the Windows store) and it works fine. Initially the picture quality is very poor, but after a few seconds it clears and generally stays that way.
If that's the same as on your multiple browsers, do other streaming video sites display the same issues? Test on iPlayer, YouTube etc. Don't rely on WiFi either - connect via Ethernet if practical.
The Win 10 app has none of the additional bells and whistles of the apps for smart phones or tablets on Android or iOS, but all I generally want to do is watch a match. There's enough replays from all angles when something happens anyway...
albert
Rising Star

Hi, Jaggies, thanks for replying.

I have Windows 10 pro. I use an ethernet cable to connect the router to the PC.

The iplayer and youtube channels play fine.

I have been trying to watch BT Sports by going to the BT website at https://www.bt.com/sport/watch/live-now/bt-sport-1?s_cid=con_sdptrk_hspc_EPG_logo

Is that a mistake? Would I do better to find the app? (I used to be able to watch it on my old PC, which was lower spec.)

Albert

Jaggies
Community Veteran

Hi.

It's worth installing the Windows 10 app just to check if it works for you better than the access on the website, purely to consider if the issue is with your connection or elsewhere.

If the app works, you can continue to use that, but if it has the same problem, then it would appear that there is some issue between you and BT Sport that is causing this problem.

albert
Rising Star

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried the app. It certainly works a lot better than the internet URL. It's a bit fuzzy when I have it full screen but not too bad if I shrink the window a bit. And, so far at least, no buffering (though I haven't tried it in the evening when there is probably more internet traffic around this area.

I won't cancel my subscription at the moment, anyway, not least because I want to watch Man Utd tonight!