Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot successfully reboot my YouView box

FIXED
chaswick
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Cannot successfully reboot my YouView box

Yesterday I was having problems when trying to record BT Sport 1. The recordings that I tried wouldn't play and gave an error YVM401 message. I understood that this meant that there was an internet connection fault. However, I was able to watch BT Sport 1 live and I also I did a test by doing a short recording on BT Sport 2, which worked. So in theory the internet connection was working. But to be absolutely sure I rebooted my router. Unfortunately after that things got worse and I have been unable to successfully startup YouView. After switching the YouView box off and then on again, it goes through the usual procedures of "Waking Up" and "Loading", but eventually I get a blank screen. The blue light on the bottom of the box remains constantly lit up, and I can't switch it off either with the remote or the power switch on the top. I can only turn it off with the switch at the back.

I know that the internet is working as I'm having no problems with Netflix and other Apps which are connected through the YouView box via an ethernet cable.

Unfortunately I can't find any instructions for the YouView box (which I installed several years ago) as I was wondering whether it needs some sort of reset to factory settings, but I have no idea how to do this.

In summary therefore I am unable to view any programmes via YouView at the moment.

Help!

5 REPLIES 5
Community Veteran

Re: Cannot successfully reboot my YouView box

The 2nd post in this thread explains how to factory reset the YouView box, although you should keep the recordings if you have any that you haven't watched or otherwise want to keep.

chaswick
Grafter

Thanks for the instructions on factory reset. I've now gone through the procedure several times, but on each occasion it's got as far as asking me to connect to the internet, and then tells me that it can't connect. I've rebooted my router and also checked my home plugs, but still no success. But my Netflix etc are still working fine through the same ethernet connection from home plug to the YouView box. 😳

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 63

Hey @chaswick,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with getting this issue resolved, as you've completed some of the troubleshooting steps I would advise that you call our technical support team and ask to speak with the TV tech team who can help resolve this matter for you. You can call 0800 432 0200 between 07:30 to 22:00 every day.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Maddy S
 Plusnet Help Team

chaswick
Grafter

Thanks Mads. I had a long phone session with one of your techies yesterday eve. We still couldn't get the system up and running, so it now needs an engineer. But before arranging that, as I am using HomePlugs (non Plusnet), I am planning to try connecting my router (in another room) to the YouView box with a long ethernet cable - which is now on order from Amazon. This is just to check that there is no fault with the HomePlugs which would be a chargeable offence if discovered by a Plusnet engineer! 

chaswick
Grafter

Fix

The long ethernet cable from router to Youview box didn't fix the problem. The next stage was to reset the box to factory settings, without the option to also delete any recordings. Unfortuntely thet didn't work either, so the final action was to reset the box again, but this time to allow deletion of recordings. Hey Presto; it worked, and I am up and running. Unfortunately I have lost all my recordings, but I can live with that!