Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Remove Channel Pack

ChasL
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Cannot Remove Channel Pack

Hi, 

I no longer want the TV channel packs but when I go to the Manage TV (Manage your TV channel packs) screen after logging it, I cannot untick (uncheck) any of the two items 

Channel packs

Choose which channel packs to add or remove.

(Included)
  (Included)
  £3.00 Monthly

I can tick (check) to ADD but not REMOVE. 

Tried calling support but waiting times too long, too many other callers.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks

Chas

8 REPLIES 8
Fixes: 352

Re: Cannot Remove Channel Pack

Moderator's Note(s)

Thread moved from My Account/Billing to TV.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Daniel28012
Rising Star

It's not possible to remove those packs without cancelling the TV service Plusnet TV has a minimum of £5 to pay but as part of the £5 you get those channel packs. If you are out of contract you could contact customer options team and ask to cancel the TV however your account would no longer have TV services and you wouldn't have the option of easily adding channels at a later date. If you did want Plusnet TV at a later date a new order would need to be placed with a new set top box been sent out. If you do go down the cancellation route your existing box would still be able to display the Freeview channels along with record them if you have a youview plus box. All free catch-up players would work without cost and you have the option of using Netflix or now TV movies on demand if you get a subscription to Netflix or now TV directly with the provider.
ChasL
Dabbler

Hi Daniel,

thanks for the quick answer, essentially I wanted to cancel the TV service only that I added on last year but have so rarely used it, so no point in paying for something I don't use.

I'll give the billing team another call and hang on till they answer.

Shame the Chat Bot never seems to be able to give the right answer.

Regards

Chas

Daniel28012
Rising Star

The TV contracts are normally 18 months so if you have not had it 18 months it won't be free to switch it off ask the agent how much any termination fee is for the TV only then that way you can make a informed decision.
ChasL
Dabbler

Thanks Daniel,

didn't know that, I thought I just added it to the existing contract, now checking, I can see it was a new 18 month contract. Hmmmm, that wasn't made clear to me.

Just spent the best part of an hour on line to customer services (25 mins to get through) explained to ???? who said I can't do that you need to speak to the TV section and promptly transferred me. Another 10 mins wait and lady answers, I explain what I want, she says "I'll check" and promptly cuts me off! Now that's service, I really feel that I've been proudly done!.

I'll let the contract run then move back to Talk Talk where you can add or remove TV boots as often as you like.

Cheers.

Chas

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 31

Hi @ChasL,

Please accept my apologies for the delays in getting through to us and for the level of customer service you have received, I assure you this is not what we expect.

The Entertainment and BT Sport Lite channel packs are included in the £5 monthly subscription. You can cancel the £5 monthly subscription for YouView and keep the home phone and broadband products for £1.80 * the remaining months left on your contract.

When the contract was agreed, we sent email confirmation of these details. You can access them here. If required, I can arrange a member of our Customer Options Team to get in touch with you. Please provide the best times to get in touch so we can pass this information forward.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
ChasL
Dabbler

Hello Jubby,

thank you so much for an official reply. I thought it strange that I could not just remove part of the package.

Yes, I have read the details you provide a link to.

I guess some days are just bad days when trying to get through to support, previous support calls have been dealt with very efficiently. It was more frustration that gave rise to my earlier comments.

However, I may as well continue with the TV packages rather than pay not to have them, as that seems a pointless waste of cash. I'll just remove them when renewal time arrives.

Thanks again.

Chas

Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 243

No problem Chas, do let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet Infrastructure Operations Professional