cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling BT sports app

kelvin
Grafter

Cancelling BT sports app

I haven't been on the forum for a while but have a problem that I cannot solve.

I signed up for the BT sport app a couple of months ago but barely use it so need to cancel.  i have followed all of the links but none tell you how to cancel. I have tried ringing but as usual there is no answer after 20 minutes so thought I would try here.

Is there a way to cancel over the net or do I have to waste hours hanging on the phone.

Thanks

11 REPLIES
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 78

Re: Cancelling BT sports app

Hi @kelvin,

Had you tried logging in with your plusnet account on https://www.plus.net/tv/btsport and remove it from there?

I don't have the app myself but I got the information from the Help site: https://www.plus.net/help/tv/bt-sport/bt-sport-app/#how-to-add-or-remove-the-bt-sport-app-from-plusn...

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

kelvin
Grafter

Thanks jaread83.

I followed both links and neither actually tells you how to cancel the app, even though the second does specifically say about removing it.

I bit the bullet and finally got a telephone response (just under 30 minutes of holding on) and the app is now cancelled. I did ask for email confirmation and that has now arrived although it seems to be being cancelled almost immediately without the 30 day notice period.

I suppose I could be charged for the 30 days without access to the app.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 508

Hi there. I'm sorry to hear you've had difficulties in cancelling the BT Sport app.

I'm happy the adviser you spoke to has resolved this for you. If you're wanting to re-add it in the future, or indeed remove it, you should be able to do that here: https://www.plus.net/AddOns.html

I hope this helps.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) Post edited at request of poster.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
Stoker
Grafter

I don't want to cancel yet, but I just looked at my Addons page as suggested.

I have a "Remove" button against "static IP" but I don't have that option for the BT Sport App.

dejjones
Grafter

Was thinking of cancelling too, but I don't have that button either.

Could someone from PN explain please?

kelvin
Grafter

Gandalf's link only shows options to add, I can see no way of cancelling via that link. It's not a problem for me as I cancelled by phone after a 30 minute wait but could present problems for others that want to cancel

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

It looks like it turns out you can't remove the app online.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
dejjones
Grafter

Does that mean the only way is via the phone?

If so, isn't that sinking to Sky TV standards, where you can upgrade very easily online, but downgrading or cancelling is

deliberately made difficult and can only be done over the phone.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

You can remove the app over live chat too.

Or by contacting us over Facebook, Twitter, and here.

Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
Superjackpot

Hello!
Can I ask, if I take the offer of the BT Sport app, can I cancel it anytime or do I have to take it out for 12/18 months?
Many Thanks,
SW
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

The app isn’t tied to a contract so it can be cancelled at anytime. If you cancel within a billing month, you may be charged a pro rata fee for the time you’ve had the service.
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team