cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling BT Sport app after price rise

FIXED
shufflershark

Re: bt sports increase from 16th September and customers with current bt sports deals

Can you point out where the pride increase is indicated on the website as when I go to the website it still has the current priced and no mention of the increase. I have the app at the moment so pay £5 and its going up to £10 and I am looking to see costs for the other options before 8 decide what to do next
Benplus

Re: Cancelling BT Sport app after price rise

They never make it easy to cancel a product. Probably hoping you will give up.
GarethSmith

Hi, I signed up to a 12 month fixed price contract just a month back solely due to the operator saying how good the bt sport cost is versus competitors. After investigating this claim I found it to be wrong by a small amount but with this price increase I'm now being heavily overcharged for an average speed broadband and the app. I only pay 5 gbp per month for all sky sports channels through an app so how you can say bt sport deserves 10 gbp I do not know. I expect a discount to be applied to my account for the difference between what I signed up for and this new cost. Thanks
Tags (1)
Nlondoner
Hooked

Re: bt sports increase from 16th September and customers with current bt sports deals

Plusnet website has the increase curiously well hidden away:
https://www.plus.net/tv/btsport/

One would almost think that Plusnet is ashamed of the 100% increase. In any event the wording used on the website is very misleading to customers. Anyone signing up now has just over a month at the £5 price before it jumps to £10, that is not made clear.

And now the Sun is on the case:
https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/9711271/plusnet-bt-sport-price-hike/
sncmiller

Please may I also request cancellation of the BT sport app? User name @sncmiller

Many thanks.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Personal information removed from a public forum (to an area that staff can see).

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 98

Hi all, 

At Plusnet we believe in giving our customers the best service and value possible. That’s why our BT Sport App and BT Sport channel package will continue to give customers great content, at one of the most competitive prices in the market.

I however you would like to cancel please follow the steps in the reply from @RandallFlagg.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

At Plusnet we believe in giving our customers the best service and value possible. That’s why our BT Sport App and BT Sport channel package will continue to give customers great content, at one of the most competitive prices in the market.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Benplus

I am currently on a family holiday and dont have time to wait on a customer service line and would rather just cancel immediately as was possible for others in this chat.
shufflershark

Is there a list of the new prices for each option somewhere as still not clear to me?   i.e. is the cost of viewing it on sky going up as well and if so how much?

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi there, 

The price is increasing by £5 for both BT Sports over Sky and for access to the BT Sports app. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Nlondoner
Hooked

The difference is that BT will routinely discount the standard price to £5.  I never paid full price with BT and would happily subscribe at that price.  £10 is far too much and will result in a lot of subscribers cancelling, as we can see in this thread.  BT/Plusnet should really reconsider their approach to this whole issue but I won't hold my breath.  

ws1
Hooked

@adamwalker ,

The "legal bit" at https://www.plus.net/tv/btsport/ points to price increases via the BT Sport app

and BT Sport Channel Pack on Youview TV from Plusnet; and states:

Please note the standard subscription price for the BT Sport App and the BT Sport Channel Pack is changing from £5.00 to £10.00 per month from 17th September 2019. This means that from 17th September 2019 you'll pay an additional £5.00 for your discounted period.

Where does it reference any increase in BT Sport via the Sky platform?

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 80

Hi @Benplus,

As your reason for cancellation is due to the price, we'd normally ask that you contact our customer options team to arrange the cancellation as they may be able to offer a better deal on the app if you decide to keep it. However, as you have mentioned that you are currently on holiday and it would be inconvenient to call, we can arrange to cancel the BT Sport app from here. Please reply to the ticket here to confirm that you'd like this removing and then get back in touch on this thread so that we can pick this back up and arrange this for you.

Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

It would appear that's been omitted incorrectly, thanks a lot for making me aware and I'm flagging that up to the relevant team now. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
GovDC

Hello, I would also like to cancel BT Sport but don't want to be kept waiting in a helpline queue

Username is [Removed]

Many thanks

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Personal information removed from a public forum (to an area that staff can see).