Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling BT Sport app after price rise

FIXED
ws1
Hooked

Re: BT Sport Price increasing

I'm new to Plusnet, have taken Youview TV, and was intending to add the BT Sport Pack

to it in time for the new football season.

Plusnet promotes itself as being "all about providing great value broadband, mobile, TV and sport"

and this illustration- that Plusnet is willing to impose a £5 per month increase in one go on customers

for a product/service doesn't fit comfortably with what I would expect from a value brand.

Of course, I can choose not to take it and so have no complaint as such, but as I was attracted to

Plusnet by its value approach, the apparent willingness to make sudden steep increases in price

is certainly a factor that I will consider in the future before any renewal decision.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 29

Re: bt sports increase from 16th September and customers with current bt sports deals

Hi @BERTJ

Thanks for getting in touch regarding your BT Sport services and I do apologise that the price of this product is due to increase, I understand this may be frustrating.

As you mentioned there will be changes in the pricing for BT Sport come September, details of which have been visible via our site since the end of July. Please be aware as an existing BT Sport subscriber there may be further notifications sent to you in the coming weeks advising you of this change.

In order for us to continue to provide our customers with everything BT Sport has to offer we need to make some adjustments to how this product is priced. As we offer BT Sport as a rolling 30 day contract you are free to cancel and activate as you wish to ensure you are benefiting from all the action available. Understandably this subscription may have been taken out at the point of starting a fixed price contract, the contract will remain the same however just the BT Sport subscription will be increasing.

I do appreciate that this may impact on whether you wish to retain the product itself, I would advise that any discounts currently being received on BT Sport will remain. If you have £2.50 off agreed for the remainder of your broadband contract this will continue to be £2.50 discounted from the new price of £10.00 per month.

I do apologise for any inconvenience caused and if you have any further questions please feel free to get in touch.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Warwick
 Plusnet Help Team
BERTJ
Rising Star

Re: bt sports increase from 16th September and customers with current bt sports deals

l have today cancelled my bt sports membership so to avoid the increase in  a month.

l will have bt sports lite for free so l can watch premiership football.as l have youview+ from PN

l will not be the last to do so l think as most people will not stand for your increase in my case of over 150pct

Nlondoner
Hooked

New to Plusnet, having been with BT. Had BT Sport at discounted rate. Was about to sign up again with Plusnet when I saw this. Really shameful increase, taking customers for mugs. Needless to say I will not be parting with my hard earned at these grasping levels.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 42

We're sorry to hear that you'll not be taking up the service, @Nlondoner.

Despite the increase, we're still significantly cheaper than most other vendors of BT Sport by quite a large margin, although we can certainly appreciate your frustrations.

We'll ensure that your feedback is passed along to the relevant department for their review.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Owen P
 Plusnet Help Team
JaroBoro

Is that the best you can do to justify 100% price increaseHuh Madness!!! 

" Adifferent explanation will not be provided, however, as there isn't one. Mads has given the correct information and if you were to ask anyone in the company the same question you would get the same answer "

Customersw start leaving PN like they are BT as true colours coming out !!!

Victormildrew

Re: Cancelling BT Sport app after price rise

Hi. I to are a new PN customer and recently added BT sports app to my account @ £2.50 per month for six months then a fiver a month thereafter, so thereafter will not happen, so shall be cancelling the sports app  with a 100 % hike, what a pity I signed up to an 18 months contract and not the 12 month. WELL DONE PLUSNET. profit before customers.

Gillysfillys
Hooked

Just signed up 2 weeks ago be getting cancelled in 2 weeks as well balls 2i))with
that(no pun intended)
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 45

Hey @Victormildrew,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

I'm sorry you feel this way about the price increase, please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience caused.

I have added a support ticket on your account here , if you could reply via the ticket and give us a nudge here once you have done so.

Thanks.

Maddy S
 Plusnet Help Team

thunderstorm654
Hooked

Hi,

I'm also unhappy about the proposed price rise for BT Sport (doubling the cost again is just crazy and unaffordable).

Please can it be removed from my account at the end of the current billing period?

Thanks.

davidcmilne

I'm very unhappy with this.  I renewed with Plusnet in the spring on an 18 month contract.  I had a clear spec for the full contract in mind, which included having BT Sport and HD channels.  I compared Plusnet's offer against equivalent bundles from BT, Sky and especially Virgin (and actually it would have been cheaper for me to move to Virgin).  All of those bundles have price rise protection as I understand it.

A £5 per month jump isn't just a 100% rise in the cost of the BT Sport pack.  It would be (for me) a 12% increase in the overall cost of my monthly package - that's 6 times the rate of inflation.

I sincerely hope Plusnet doesn't apply the price hike to contracts with BT Sport specs built in right from the start, or at least allows us to cancel our current contract without penalty.  Anything else would be against the spirit, and possibly the letter, of Ofcom requirements.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 52

Hi @thunderstorm654

Thanks for getting in touch - could you discuss this with our Customer Options Team on 0800 328 4624 to see if there's anything that can do to help with the pricing of your services, prior to removing this?

Best wishes

Dave

Dave G
 Plusnet Help Team
davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

I haven't yet had any notification of this price rise. I agreed a package price on 13th June for 24 months for standard u/l broadband inc. BT Sports app. My view is that PN are proposing to increase my agreed package price by over 50 % - can't believe that they aren't forced to allow a release from contract without penalty in such a case.

Benplus

Can you also cancel my BT sport app please
damianrandall

I have been on hold 17 of the 10 minutes quoted of the wait time before being cut off and on hold for 8 minutes and counting. 

All I am looking to do is cancel BT Sports from user damianrandall. Why can I not do this, and who can?