FIXED
roadsidetree
Hooked

Re: Cancel BT Sport app

thurhomish
Hooked

Re: Cancelling BT Sport app after price rise

Hi

Please raise a ticket to cancel my BT sport also.

Thanks

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 98

Sure, please bear with me as this thread now contains a lot of request to do that so I'm going to hang fire until tomorrow so any more requests can drop one here in the meantime and I'll be able to action them all at once then.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Stoker
Grafter

Please add me to the BT Sport mass-exodus in tomorrow's batch run. (username [Removed])

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Personal information removed from a public forum (to an area that staff can see).
SteveJ1

Can you also cancel my BT Sport subscription please, I do not wish to keep it at the increased price.

davidcmilne

Adam - Can you please explain why this offer is available to those out of contract but not to those in contract?  

Can you please present it as a positive reason why anybody should trust being in contract with Plusnet in future?

Fixes: 305

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Topics merged for clarity.

Customer and Forum Moderator. Windows 10 Firefox 69.0.1 (64-bit)

Life is tough enough without adding Linux into the mix.
PhyllisTyne
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

I have just renewed my contract and one thing that swayed me was an offer of BT sport at £2.50 for the next 6 months. I believe it is only fair that this is honoured as it formed the basis of my decision to renew. Otherwise I should be allowed to cancel my broadband contract early without penalty. 

PN staff please comment and don't just regurgitate T&C's of contract. I believe I was misled as you probably knew this was coming when I renewed.

PT

barry33

Re: Cancelling BT Sports App

I too would like to cancel bt sport, could somebody please leave a ticket on my account?

Thanks.

pauleh0112

Hi,
After the recent price increase I'd like to cancel my bt sport subscription.
SteveJ1

I also wish to cancel my BT Sport app sub, could you please action this for me.

Thank you.

TheDeuce
Dabbler

Re: BT Sport Price increasing

got my notification this morning, there is no justification for a 100% increase, plus I seen in another thread an ill informed member of your staff was stating that this increase would also be on the Sky network? I've had no indication of this and suggest you should maybe train your staff accordingly. 

This is nothing but pure GREED, I'm at the point of considering to cancel all of my plusnet account, I have fibre, btsport on both app and sky accounting for £60 of my HARD EARNED money per month. This really smacks hard, please don't offend me with a copy and paste response. 

Gillysfillys
Hooked

Agree think they going to shoot selves foot with this one.
robbieglover2k
Grafter

As I explained in a previous post I don't think Plusnet have had a choice with this one, I may be wrong but I think it's BT who have requested it.

Not sure how many know however BT Sport lost a ton of money (and I mean a ton) when they tried to put UFC on their Box Office channel which not only angered people but a lot of those people signed to new BT Sport contracts in January when the Eleven Sports deal fell through and BT got their UFC content back, however this contract also was on the promise that UFC would stay regular as part of your subscription cost, then they try putting it behind a paywall out of pure greed which ended up with the most immense backlash I've ever seen and tons of refusals and cancellations.

They are trying it again on September 7th with the Khabib vs Poirier event because it's on at an earlier time, they've already received backlash and are expecting more backlash and cancellations as the event gets closer so they are anticipating this.

This is why they're using the Plusnet platform to double the price to make up the money they've lost and are expecting to lose because these subscribers don't come back and BT are having difficulty getting them back once they've left.

The worse thing is they're taking this event away from the Plusnet customers, charging them double to make up the money and they don't even have a Box Office channel available for their customers on this platform so it's ridiculous, I wouldn't be surprised if we see BT Sport prices increase on other platforms soon because of this.

Plusnet are obviously not going to tell you different because they can't however I'm pretty sure this is the case as I had a call from BT for around 50 mins of them asking me for feedback in regards to this and the guy on the phone told me all about this.

It's no coincidence the next PPV they're trying is in September and this price increase goes up in September too because they already know and even with the last PPV with the immense backlash and cancellations they had they still went ahead and did it which I believe stung them really badly. 

I feel sorry for Plusnet because they do have a good reputation for customer loyalty, care and prices too and I believe this sincerely with Plusnet, another reason why I feel this isn't really a choice Plusnet have been able to make.

BT have really messed up and I feel sorry for Plusnet in regards to this as I don't think they've had much of a choice.

Gillysfillys
Hooked

As far as I'm aware bt sport and plus net are part of same company and for whatever reasons I wont be paying anywhere a 100% hick in price.