Cancelling BT Sport app after price rise

FIXED
Highlighted
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 102

Re: Cancelling BT Sport app after price rise

Hi @PhyllisTyne

Any deals we give are based on discounts we offer towards the services which in your case will be £2.50 off the cost of BT Sports during that 6 month period. 

As I'm aware it's likely that we'll have positioned the deal from the point of £2.50 cost per month for 6 months we would of course need to honour that for you. 

Please leave this with me for now as I'll need to do some digging and make sure your discounts are updated to reflect that.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
robbieglover2k
Rising Star

Re: BT Sport Price increasing

They are @Gillysfillys but they are their own company, they're basically like a sister company that's why people get different experiences with BT and Plusnet who are actually very good and true to their word.

I understand the feeling and sentiment still stands the same for people but for them to offer the BT Sport platform still which people want and at a budget price (which it still is) they've no doubt had to do this due to BT to be able to still offer it.

This is what I mean, BT are really shooting themselves in the foot lately and messing up big time and they're pulling Plusnet down with them by doing this.

Have you noticed it's only BT Sport that's increased? Also the thing I mentioned about how much money BT have lost and are expected to lose on Sept 7th and then they put their Plusnet prices up the same month by 100% to make up for this.

They're basically using us on the Plusnet platform to make up for the money they've lost as well as what they are about to lose as it's inevitable and they know this from the backlash they had previously.

I understand what you're saying and don't disagree with you because it still stands and you still feel the same but I honestly do feel this is a BT thing and Plusnet are stuck between a rock and a hard place here.

PhyllisTyne
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Thanks @adamwalker 

I have the transcript of the chat to arrange renewal if that is any help :smiley:

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks, I can get my hands on that if need be. I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

FAO anyone that's requested cancellation of BT Sports subscription on this thread we're looking at the best way to handle these requests so it may take us a few days to pick those up but we will do ASAP and I've got ownership of making sure that happens. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Re: Cancelling BT Sports App

Hi all, I just need to direct you to my updates on this thread please: https://community.plus.net/t5/TV/Cancelling-BT-Sport-app-after-price-rise/td-p/1646777/page/3

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 321

Moderators Note
Topics merged to keep things in one place.

Customer and Forum Moderator. Windows 10 Firefox 69.0.3 (64-bit)

Life is tough enough without adding Linux into the mix.
davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

@Strat - because you have merged threads ,Adamwalker's latest link just circles back to this thread!

BERTJ
Rising Star

Re: bt sports increase from 16th September and customers with current bt sports deals

Reading all the threads it shows PN are loosing a vast amount of their BT sport loyals customers including myself due to the crazy increase on bt sports.

They are currently loosing customers fasters than gaining them all down to a bad decision to increase the Bt sports to £10 pm it is not to late for PN to reverse this decision it takes a company who cares to be able to admit they got it wrong.

ln the current situation PN have with their bill system problems which must be loosing them valuable income combined with this wrongly timed 100 pct increase in bt sports .

ls it time PN re-thought this incredible increase on bt sports and regain customer trust?

Stoker
Grafter

Re my request here yesterday to cancel - it's sorted as I've cancelled via online chat while chasing an (unrelated) ongoing issue.

Bob40

I would also like to unsubscribe from BT sport following the 100% increase. I cannot find anyway of doing online 

Mandles

@@

@

For future reference, for anyone else reading this thread wishing for the app to be removed it will be quicker and easier to raise a ticket yourself here then advise the reference in this post so we can pick it up. It just stops the back and forth for you. 

As per this post earlier in the thread, I have raised a question using the link. Please remove my app subscription due to the price rise.

Nlondoner
Hooked

It's not just the masses of existing customers Plusnet will lose.  I would have subscribed at £5 but £10, no chance.  Still time to have a rethink Plusnet.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Maybe it will be quicker and better to have a new thread titled "Who still wants to stay with BT sports".

M8

How to cancel BT Sports app

I would like to cancel my BT Sports app but there’s very little information to do so.

A little bit like sky, everything is so so very easy to order online , but when it comes to canceling you need to phone us to cancel.

outinthesticks
Grafter

I would like to cancel my subscription to the BT Sports App too please. Judging by the number of similar messages it would be so much easier for everyone if you enabled us to do this online. Thank you.